This is for the Etsy Technical Team, not fellow sellers

I was told by Customer Service to post my issue here. I am not looking for a seller to respond with solutions, though I appreciate the thoughts. If you have had the same issue please feel free to chime in that you have the same thing happening.

My issue is a glitch. I had a customer purchase an item and ask for it to ship Aug 1. My ship by date initially was July 29.

I used the normal method to push the ship by date out. Buyer and I got the email showing the updated ship by date, all correct.

My pending sales now says this is overdue and should have shipped a day before the buyer even purchased. The option to push the date out further has disappeared. The Customer Service rep could not make any changes either.

I called Customer Service and was told to post here while they elevate, with the implication that someone on the Etsy Technical Team would review the issue if I did so. Thanks in advance. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
10 Replies

Re: This is for the Etsy Technical Team, not fellow sellers

Yes, this happened to me a year ago--in fact the same week in July last year when we were evacuated by a wildfire.  IT made 3 orders show as late and there was nothing ever done about it even tho I actually managed to contact Etsy about it  via chat at the time.  It was never pursued further by me as I was too involved with the fire at the time to worry about it. I actually ended up canceling the transactions as I found I could not work at the evacuation center like I thought I could.

1 Like

So now customer service is directing sellers to post to the forums in hopes that the tech support team will scrape issues out of the multitude of topics in order to escalate issues?

I give up.

16 Likes

Sounds like maybe an "in-house" quarrel going public....

Customer service is tired of answering frustrated sellers about all the glitches.

And the "IT" department is tired of hearing from customer service about all the glitches reported.

This newish "star seller" program has got be the last straw for many employees, overloading the in-boxes of both the "IT" and customer service departments. Along with the bots that are now innacurately delisting legitimate product.

I support and understand Etsy's mission with both programs. It can only be a good thing for Etsy to protect the site's reputation, and in turn that of solid sellers here. No one needs a bunch of poor sellers dragging the site and everyone else down.

But sometimes it can be a good thing to take a step back, re-evaluate, reconfigure, or otherwise adjust strategy.

5 Likes

Actually I think the new support grew are taking it to heart the message to ask in the forums.  That has been the go to by Etsy since the forums was created.  If you go through Help one will always find the reference to ask in the forums.

I think the new crew thinks that is how it is done and no one is correcting them.

It's bad enough they are giving out information contrary to Our House rules

2 Likes
HouseofAuroraUK
Inspiration Seeker

We also have a very similar issue with delivery times changing on stats and told to post on here by customer service! Hope they get these issues sorted!

1 Like

Delivery times change based on what information the postal services are giving Etsy.   It's not a glitch.  It's normal for there to be variations depending on several factors.

0 Likes

I have no words?!?! What will customer service do next to deflect their ignorance about most subjects.

2 Likes

Just an idea.  Have you cleared the cache and added a new cookie?  That might just clear it.  

0 Likes
AmoreTreasure
Conversation Maker

Don't forget they should take a screen print.

1 Like

Do you really think they will show up here?  I think the message was longhand for "I dunno"!!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.