The store front show the products violated handmade policy, but at the back end, it is active

One of my products was moved from the store front around one month ago, because Etsy said it violated the handmade policy, then we started to appeal. In several days Etsy accepted our appeal, the product went back to listing, and it got sales again.

But about several days ago, Etsy said the same item violated the hand made policy again, and put my store on vacation for 4 weeks. While it is very strange, the item was marked violating handmade policy at the store front, but at the back end,  it show still active. How come the same item was judged violating hand made policy twice?

Another strange thing is there is always a unshipped order tag at my back end, but when we click in, there is no any unshipped order.

Now our store was set on vacation model for 4 weeks, it is really hard for us. Anybody has similar problem?

Thank you!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Re: The store front show the products violated handmade policy, but at the back end, it is active

There have been other complaints like yours.

Some shops have been shut down completely. Gone.  And then re-opened after a month or so.

I wish I could say something more positive but all you can really do is keep in contact with Etsy and hope that they fix it.
And maybe make sure that no one else is using your photographs on another site.

0 Likes

Re: The store front show the products violated handmade policy, but at the back end, it is active

It most likely means that your photos have been stolen by Shein or Temu and are being used by unscrupulous sellers.

Etsy now has image recognition bots that will flag listings with photos from wholesale sites and deactivate them automatically.

Have you checked to make sure your photos haven't been stolen?

And if they have, have you pursued your legal rights to have them removed?

Good luck.

1 Like
MoonkistDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I'd check Shein or Temu. If you find listings on Temu that have used your photos, you can request a takedown here: https://www.temu.com/intellectual-property-policy.html

We had to do that last year and they were pretty quick about it.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.