The Last Word

Jump to solution

Hello everyone.  I have not received a star seller because of my response to messages.  I am also a person who buys regularly from Etsy sellers.  Rarely do the customers I service send me messages and when they do, I respond immediately.  The issue:  People that I buy items from send me thank you messages.  I try to get the last word, but they won't let me.   The seller:  Thanks for your purchase... Me:  You're Welcome.. The Seller:  Yes.... Me:  Great... The Seller". Thumbs up.  Mind you, it is someone I purchased something from.  So, I just give up and let them have the last word.  Thi rating is flawed.  I would like for Etsy to come up with a system that don't hold sellers accountable for notresponding to messages that need not response like: "Thank You..You're welcome...Yes.... Great....,"... from someone you purchased an item from.  

Signed Trying to Get my 100%

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Natalya1905
Conversation Maker

Re: The Last Word

Jump to solution

This is from Etsy:

Your message response rate stat is based on:

• The percent of initial messages that you replied to in 24 hours or less, including by auto-reply
  • Only messages received in the current review period, excluding the last day

These messages won’t be counted:

• Anything after the first message in a thread (no need to worry about ongoing conversations)
  • Messages you mark as spam
  • Messages from Etsy admin

View solution in original post

1 Like

Jump to solution

@WhimpyWildOriginals: You may want to reread the Star Seller information from Etsy. The Star Seller metric for messages is very simplistic and binary - either you replied to (or marked as SPAM) that first message of a new incoming thread within 24 hours or you did not.

As it says right on your Star Seller page and elsewhere, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such. Remember that the Star Seller metric is NOT all new messages but only the first message of all new incoming threads.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

You only need to respond to the first message in a thread.

14 Likes
HotOffHerHook
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

To the best of my knowledge, you only need to respond ONCE to a message and anything else, since it's in the same thread,  does not count toward star seller.

6 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

You don't need to have 'the last word' otherwise conversations between 2 sellers would be endless. Just reply once to each new conversation and that is all that's required for star seller.

4 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

Jump to solution

that is kinda funny.

it sounds like the seller thinks they need the last word too.

10 Likes
Natalya1905
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is from Etsy:

Your message response rate stat is based on:

• The percent of initial messages that you replied to in 24 hours or less, including by auto-reply
  • Only messages received in the current review period, excluding the last day

These messages won’t be counted:

• Anything after the first message in a thread (no need to worry about ongoing conversations)
  • Messages you mark as spam
  • Messages from Etsy admin
1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

No one needs to get the last word.

Not in a message thread.

Not in a forum thread.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@OneEyeCatStudio wrote:

No one needs to get the last word.

Not in a message thread.

Not in a forum thread.

I agree. (LOL)

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@WhimpyWildOriginals: You may want to reread the Star Seller information from Etsy. The Star Seller metric for messages is very simplistic and binary - either you replied to (or marked as SPAM) that first message of a new incoming thread within 24 hours or you did not.

As it says right on your Star Seller page and elsewhere, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such. Remember that the Star Seller metric is NOT all new messages but only the first message of all new incoming threads.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.