Technical issue? Etsy app showing 4th of July as Christmas...

Hi,

I opened today Etsy app (not sell on Etsy) and - 6 of my 4th of July listings appears under "recommendations in Christmas ornaments". When I contacted Etsy support, lady told me to check my taggs and product description... :))) 

Anyone else had this situation? How you solved it? 

Thanks! 

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

Re: Technical issue? Etsy app showing 4th of July as Christmas...

You have "tree ornaments" as a tag, that might be why. Otherwise I think it is weird. Did you select 4th of July for an attribute? Or maybe you have it as christmas from a copy/paste of christmas ornament?

3 Likes

As a matter of fact, I did check it - and no, it's Independence Day... 

0 Likes

It might be that Etsy is pushing Christmas in July again.  Or it could just be the asinine intelligent search again.

4 Likes

Hihihi, I wish I could sell some Christmas listings than They celebrate it only in Australia or elsewhere also? 

0 Likes

And in addition: 2 times person from "support" responded with bulk of links, saying that Etsy search functionalities are influenced by many factors in order to be relevant... I wish I could show you printscreen. Clear as a summer sky that something is wrong with Etsy. And there goes increase in tax - what a bright and promissing expectations... Etsy support will never be support, it's just "do not contact us" message. 

Or maybe I am silly enough not to understand that Independance Day ornaments are actually relevant for Serbian Christmas ( which is in Kanuary btw). As support lady explained. 

0 Likes

January 

0 Likes

Etsy just announced that they have updated search to include the descriptions.  Every time etsy changes anything on the website, it messes up that feature until sellers to enough screaming for etsy to finally look at the programming change and fix it.  Some changes never get fixed.  Search has been broken for years.

2 Likes

My guess is they picked up the word ornaments. I wouldn't consider it a bad thing. A lot of people have themed Christmas trees and may actually want patriotic Christmas ornaments. 

1 Like

Every day is Christmas for Etsy…

4 Likes
roaminate
Conversation Maker

I'm having tech issues on the etsy app right now, too. It's showing my old policies from 2015, right now. It's showing in the form of the old 2015  "write your own" policies format and not the current. Weird. And I just downloaded the etsy app (shopping app) today to view the changes I made from the new Etsy sell app.

I'm a bit concerned about someone purchasing off the app, them viewing my outdated policies and them applying it to their purchase. Luckily, I'm on chat right now so fingers, eyes, hair and limbs crossed for fix/update.

Good luck to ya!

-Cristina

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.