GravityPatchCo
Inspiration Seeker

Support Chat Blocked?

I'm having a rough day with Etsy systems so this is just a bit of a rant...

Today I got an order from Puerto Rico with an unverified address although it does seem to be correctly formatted. I was unable to purchase a shipping label from Etsy as I usually do so I thought I would try to contact support through chat. I wasn't really expecting anything could be done about it but I thought I would give it a try. I started a chat and got connected to an Agent. I sent my question. I got a "Are you there?" so I sent my question again and after a bit got a "We haven't heard from you..." and the chat was ended! I tried to start a new chat and no response. So I dug around on the help and found a contact form and filed a support ticket. Strangely also, my support request does not show up in "My Support Requests" page of the help... but I did get a confirmation email saying they have got my ticket. So anyway, I had to just mark the order as completed with no tracking and take a hit against my 100% shipping with tracking record. I really had no other options.  I sell patches and I don't want to buy a $4 label with tracking for a $7 order so if the Pitney Bowes / Etsy flat labels can't be purchased I have no choice but to just mark completed and put a stamp on it and send it out.  

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Support Chat Blocked?

so if the Pitney Bowes / Etsy flat labels can't be purchased 

Don't think they can if the country of the address if Puerto Rico, as the letters/flats labels are domestic.

Not sure whether it should have worked if it was country USA and PR as the state though.

0 Likes
GravityPatchCo
Inspiration Seeker

It would make sense if they had the country as PR but it didn't. It was correctly addressed as United States with PR as the state. 

2 Likes

You can cancel the order. Just push the cancel button and it will instantly refund and you will get your fees back. You do need to relist it though. I don't think you get refunded the listing fee. Tell the customer "I was unable to ship to your address as it kept saying it was not verified".

0 Likes
GravityPatchCo
Inspiration Seeker

I considered this but I think it is a bit extreme to cancel their order over an Etsy system issue. PR addresses can be confusing, but I could verify that it was correctly formatted. I even tried rearranging the address to see if I could get it to verify but no luck. I would rather just take the perfect shipping ding rather than cancel on them when it was not their fault. 

0 Likes

You could try PirateShip, see if it does the same thing.  Although, seems like I'm a bit late to the party!

0 Likes
GravityPatchCo
Inspiration Seeker

I do have a PirateShip account and I did try the address there with no issues but I needed to purchase a Etsy flats shipping ($0.63) label not a Ground Advantage label.

0 Likes

Pirateship doesn't offer the letter rate like Etsy does. They say something about their services are to help businesses send packages, and they don't consider something going in an envelope a package, so they don't offer discounted pricing on it. 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Is the country on the address showing as US or Puerto Rico? It should be US along with a zip code.

0 Likes
GravityPatchCo
Inspiration Seeker

US

0 Likes
GravityPatchCo
Inspiration Seeker

I appreciate all the ideas about the PR address... but I really came here to rant about the fact that I'm unable to chat with support! Anybody have ideas on why that happened!?

0 Likes

No, no idea what happened with chat or your support ticket. But I don't have much experience with dealing with support in general. As you said you weren't expecting much, and this is not something I would have ever contacted them about in the first place. 

As for why they couldn't see you responding, I would have started by trying a different browser. Did you do that? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.