myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Stuck at signing in Captiva

Jump to solution

I have tried to sign in several times with Chrome on IPad and stuck at I'm not a robot.  The circle keeps rotating.  

I can sign in with seller app.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Re: Stuck at signing in Captiva

Jump to solution

Try a different browser.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies

Jump to solution

Shut down your IPad and try again.

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I seem to have better luck when I sign in on the forums page. Don't know if this is a valid answer or not?

0 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Try a different browser.

0 Likes
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Thanks, I did that.  My main problem is this happens occasionally even on my laptop.  How many customers or potential customer just go to another site?

This just had me working on other sites.

0 Likes
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Sometimes it is not Etsy, it might be your internet provider. Not saying it IS, but I know my provider has glitches, and times when the signal is too low.

0 Likes
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

No, it’s not the internet provider only happens on this site.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

How many customers or potential customer just go to another site?

I know my comment will probably come across as harsh but it's just my opinion as a buyer. I think some sellers assume buyers aren't very savvy when it comes to online shopping, based on comments I see in the forums. As a buyer, if a website is experiencing a glitch it doesn't mean I'll leave and not come back. I'll just give them time to fix it and try again later. Most of the time it's just temporary. 

0 Likes
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

No, I don’t assume that buyers are not very savvy.  I’m internet savvy and I get frustrated and will move on.  One of the reasons I mentioned that is because I remember when we didn’t have the personalization box and customers will get frustrated and order from another site.  

No matter how we look at things Etsy is having problems.  So technical problems like this should be addressed.  

It is not about being savvy, you are correct you might leave and come back but others will not.  And you might come back later but buy something from somewhere else.  Let’s be honest Etsy is no longer looking unique or special.  
And every buyer understands glitches, but not care and stay to purchase.

There is a reason that websites are optimized to load fast.  Sales are lost. 

If you don’t believe me either look at this article or google the effect it has on sales.

https://www.business.com/articles/website-page-speed-affects-behavior/#

And not to sound harsh but this type of attitude about things not working on Etsy is one of the reasons it is having problems.

First impressions are important and I have never this problem on other sites I use.

You should not have to jump through hoops for a site to work.

The competition is too fierce for things like this to happen.  

As sellers we have gotten use to things not working and a subset think sellers are a little dumb and always make excuses for why things don’t work correctly.  We have gotten use to giving tips and tricks to work around glitches.  Me included.  I shop some of the other sites and don’t have to do any of this.

And sometimes the responses taking up for Etsy makes people not want to report problems.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It sometimes happens to me when I have issues first loading up the page. Then I wait a minute or two and works. Might be the internet connection.

1 Like
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

No, not internet connection.  Other sites work and most of the time when this happens I have to use either the app or use another browser.

In the past Etsy has had problems with different browsers.  I remember years ago I was told by technical support that was a problem with Safari and a function I was using,  and to use another browser.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Try clearing cookies and history on your browser then restart the browser. Hope you get it fixed.

0 Likes
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It’s a glitch, no matter what you do the only that fixes it is time.  It will just start allowing me to sign in again.  It actually gets stuck.  

I can get in with either going into the app or using another browser. 

My concern is that there is a glitch that only happens on this site.  I know how to work around it.

Thanks so much for trying to help me.

There are quite a few glitches lately, the other one that bothers me is conversations from potential customers being marked as Spam.

We all who have a store here on Etsy can figure out how to work around things but should not have to or our customers that are loyal to Etsy.

Some of the stuff around here reminds me of car that has a oil leak and you keep getting told to add oil instead of fixing the problem.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.