MeNtheGirls
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller

Jump to solution

I lost my star seller badge this month because 3 orders had no tracking#. They had no tracking because they were local pick up. I even stated that was the reason for no tracking! I don't understand how Etsy works! Ugh!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star seller

Jump to solution

If you don't understand how Etsy works, there's plenty of info on the help pages that explains all of this.

The rules for star seller are very clear. If you do local pick up then those orders count against you.

It's been the rule since Star seller started over a year ago.

How to Become a Star Seller – Etsy Help

What if I offer local pick-up or delivery for my items?

At this time, orders that don't have tracking because they are delivered or picked up in person will be considered shipped without tracking, and will not meet the Star Seller criteria for shipping. 

View solution in original post

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi there! @SpicaPrintshop

Please note all orders that are physical orders on your shop that the amount is $15 and above need to have a valid tracking number for you to meet the star seller program. You can read more on becoming a star seller here.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies

Jump to solution

From the star seller info:

"At this time, orders that don't have tracking because they are delivered or picked up in person will be considered dispatched without tracking, and will not meet the Star Seller criteria for dispatch."

4 Likes

Jump to solution

If you don't understand how Etsy works, there's plenty of info on the help pages that explains all of this.

The rules for star seller are very clear. If you do local pick up then those orders count against you.

It's been the rule since Star seller started over a year ago.

How to Become a Star Seller – Etsy Help

What if I offer local pick-up or delivery for my items?

At this time, orders that don't have tracking because they are delivered or picked up in person will be considered shipped without tracking, and will not meet the Star Seller criteria for shipping. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I get so frustrated with threads like this because no time is taken to learn the ropes on Etsy.  

That's why a lot of times a like someone who says it better than me because I'm always thinking I will be rude and negative far too much.

2 Likes
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Here is some info for you

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller?segment=selling

Scroll down till you find the shipping information

edit by me Sorry was typing to slow

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It is one of those things about the Star Seller program that doesn't make sense. You give good service by hand delivering, but you get dinged in the stats. Just keep your customers happy and try not to worry about the star.

12 Likes

Jump to solution

@JackisJustVintage  :  Not disagreeing with you, but how would Etsy know you completed the sale when you deliver or there is a pick up? Ar least with tracking there is some proof and if the package is never scanned it will revert to being considered as not shipped with tracking. In situations like this we are all being "punished" because you know that a few bad sellers would take advantage of the situation to rip off buyers and Etsy. Call me skeptical, but I see some sellers thinking: "I'm not going to have this order ready to ship on time so I will mark it as a delivery and ship it when I get around to it".

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I really wish Etsy would create a button that customers can check to say they received the order as a local pickup. This seems more in keeping with their carbon offsets mentioned on the shipping labels.

6 Likes
Stall69UK
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

i've only hand delivered 2 items this year.

when I fill in the info I put OTHER > By HAND > Tracking no. 00000

Neither counted against me. 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

@Stall69UK  :  Then consider yourself very lucky. If you look at the many threads about this, plenty of sellers tried something similar and those orders counted against them for Star Seller

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, even using a real tracking number counts against us, if Etsy is unable to automatically link with that shipping company.

0 Likes
Stall69UK
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@BagmakerSupply  I can only pass on what has worked for me. Even when I send something (over £10 value) by a non tracked or not signed for service and just fill out the tracking info with the serial number above the Q Code, again, I have no problems. This happens quite regularly, so I don't think its all about luck.

Maybe it is dependant upon which country you're in? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@BagmakerSupply 

@Stall69UK is in the UK.  They have a price threshold amount for their tracking requirement, whereas in the US we are required to track all packages. Likely, those orders were below the threshold and would have passed the requirement whether they were hand delivered or not. 

1 Like
Stall69UK
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@BagmakerSupply  as @FallenAngelBrass says, I'm in the UK where we have a threshold.

But as I also said in my post above, the orders I was discussing were ABOVE that threshold and technically should have required tracking.

0 Likes
SpicaPrintshop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I use printful. and they had an issue with their syncing, so none of my orders on etsy synced to printful. I reached out to ask when the issue might be resolved and they are not sure.. so I made a manual order and shipped it to my customer. They received it on time and everything.. Yet, my rating took a huge hit because they thought my item had no tracking number, and the item never mailed.. I would've gotten my first star seller badge by now if not for that incident.. which is out of my control

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi there! @SpicaPrintshop

Please note all orders that are physical orders on your shop that the amount is $15 and above need to have a valid tracking number for you to meet the star seller program. You can read more on becoming a star seller here.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Wcards
Post Crafter

Jump to solution

Well, personally I will never be a star seller.
Majority of my items for sale are single greeting cards or paper products I make for fellows paper crafters and I mail them as a letter. It’s hard to justify a $3 card shipped for $4 usps package with tracking. 🥲.

any advice ?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you take your packages to the post office and pay for them first class mail you will get a tracking number on your receipt.  Customers that request first class mail shipping I take to the post office to pay for and that way I get a receipt with tracking. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

So riddle me this.Yesterday I contacted etsy help because one of my orders I’d put the tracking in the message box rather than on the dispatch page…..not good enough apparently!
Today someone buys 2 items from my shop but doesn’t want them posting out until early December-how can I say I have shipped on time and add tracking🤷🤷🤷

1 Like

Jump to solution

Did you update the ship date on the order? I've done that before but still wonder if it counted against me. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@CeramicPassionarta: Depending on when you marked the order as complete, you have a three day window to edit the tracking.

As to the delayed ship order, you can extend the ship by date by 21 days, which most likely will not be enough, so you will probably have to ship *late*, mark it as complete without tracking before the ship by date, or cancel the order and ask the customer to reorder in early December.

1 Like

Jump to solution

totally agree that star seller criteria doesn't really cover the broad spectrum of great customer service - only a narrow slice.

but I hope you pat yourself on the back for offering really good customer service rather than Etsy's version.

same thing has happened to me ... local customer preferred a pickup (and definitely less costly and risky for large glass items).

I read in the forums some time ago that some seller's sent a tracked order statement or something to the customer so they had something to put into tracking. The next time I get a local pickup request I might try that.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same here, I lost my star seller badge because of a delivery on one order and, on another order,  because I used a blanket wrap shipping company that was not part of Uship. I chose this company because I knew they were  a lot more reliable than many companies you can find on uship. Plus on uship you may have a tracking number but it does not track anything most of the time. I spent a half hour with etsy online help with no result. I thought I was talking to some AI!  Sad!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.