Pomzaz
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller stats

Hi,

I was on track for star seller. However my messages have dropped to 80% because I didn’t reply to a message within 24 hours but the person was literally saying “Thank you” as we already had a discussion and I thanked her already. So beacuse I didn’t reply it’s not dropped and I’m no longer on track for star seller. Is there anything I can do about this? I don’t get a lot of messages to make the % up in time. Very frustrated. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Star seller stats

If it was a new message thread, and not the same message thread, you have to reply to it

it would have been highlighted in blue too, so you couldn't miss it

0 Likes

I would just add - Thank you too if it's a new thread. If it's the same thread, it shouldn't go against you. I'm not sure but I think if it's the same thread you are only penalised if you don't respond to the first message.

0 Likes

When someone thanks you, the proper thing to do is to say "You are welcome" - not "thank you" again.  Because you didn't do so, you will lose your SSB.

It takes 19 responded to messages to offset that 1 not responded to.  I would respectfully suggest that reading or re-reading the rules for SSB would help as there are other pitfalls that can trip up a seller that is not familiar with the rules.

2 Likes

@Pomzaz: "... because I didn’t reply to a message ..." As it says right on your Star Seller page and elsewhere, you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

"Is there anything I can do about this?" If the unanswered new thread is not a Help Request, at least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered new thread as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two (but not retroactively) if the original message was within the current star seller period. Note that subsequent messages from that account may go directly to the SPAM folder.

You may also want to read the Star Seller rules so you are not surprised by something else.

1 Like

Just as a side note, sellers pay way more attention to the SSB than buyers.  IMO  

3 Likes

100% agree! When I’m shopping here, that’s the last thing I’m looking for is Star Seller status.

1 Like

I stopped sweating the star seller when I discovered it has glitches with tracking/shipping.  Honestly, it doesn’t add anything to buyer’s shopping experience.

1 Like
OldRaven
Conversation Maker

This reply is to all those who 'parrot' negativity, there seems to be an abundance of this type of speech out there these days, it is time to turn off that spigot folks.

Frankly I'm tired of seeing these harsh responses from sellers to sellers.

I recently ran into this same problem and when viewing my message board the ONE message that was apparently sent on a new thread actually showed up as just another link in an ongoing thread from this person that was 23 links long. IT DID NOT SHOW AS A "NEW" THREAD.

So please people, no need to be so rude and unfeeling and making your fellow sellers feel they are not up to your apparent level of knowledge.

Wait until you get caught in one of these autobot snafus - you'll probably see things in a much different and hopefully more tolerant light.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.