Star seller requirements not accurate.

Today I had 12 orders. My shipping percentage was sitting at 95% all but one order was giving a tracking number due to that one being local and dropped off. Etsy is stating I have 11 orders missing tracking most of them from today and that’s not true. I printed labels for all but one. When I go to download history it shows them not having one and it’s no one you can actually talk to about this issue.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Star seller requirements not accurate.

One of the star seller requirements is that you ship on time WITH tracking. Local pickup won't count. Read this:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000338067-How-to-Offer-Local-Pickup-or-Delivery?segment=s...

0 Likes

I think it may be that they just haven't updated yet. Sometimes there is a lag in the stats. It is correct that your local drop-off will not count as tracked.

1 Like
Arcalliq
Community Maker

it usually takes 24 hours for things to update in SS metrics

1 Like

I had a lengthy conversation this morning with Etsy support regarding a similar issue. The above point made "every [physical] item MUST have a tracking number" is true. Even if you are hand delivery it to your neighbor; there must be a tracking number that is issued by one of the available shipping vendors. Also, be aware that if you select "this item has no tracking" - you are labelled as not shipping on time (or it lowers your shipping rating).

I sell digital items and I just added physical items to my store. A customer purchased 1 digital item and 1 physical item in the same cart. The physical item was a mistake and the customer and I had a very positive conversation about it. I refunded the cost (including tax) for the physical item rather than canceling the sale because then the customer would not be able to access their digital item. Because I refunded I could not cancel the shipping. I contacted Etsy support at that time and asked for their help because I was worried it would affect my rating. I was told to choose "does not have tracking" and I felt I was being told that it wouldn't affect my rating. Unfortunately, that was not the case, which led to this mornings Etsy support convo.

Even though I have proof that I refunded and had a pleasant convo with the customer, Etsy support says they cannot change the Star Seller rating (like its some kind of autonomous creature). I was told by Etsy support that I should have canceled the entire order, but I explained the issue with the digital item. If I did cancel the order and the customer already downloaded the digital item, then essentially I would be giving the customer a free product - because how do you force someone to re-buy a product they already received?

Another issue that this brings up is the "forced tracking" requirement. As stated above, if it is a local delivery then Etsy is forcing us to a pay money for something that is not needed so that we can retain our Star Selling shipping stat. Which essentially means we (the seller) are being forced to pay for something that is not necessary in order to maintain our appearance. I believe there's a word in the dictionary for this?

Regardless, my shipping stat is now 50%. I'm a 5 star seller across the board (for the most part). My digital and physical products (sewing patterns) are essentially the same. Because of Etsy policy I don't believe I can open another shop with the same branding just for my physical items. I think that would fall under duplicate shops? It might be a gray area, but I don't want to take the chance.

I did point out to Etsy support that Shopify and WooCommerce platforms have the ability to split orders like these. It's really annoying to me that ETsy claims that they cannot change anything, when they constantly change things for us sellers all the time.

[steps off soapbox]

0 Likes

If you refunded the physical order of shipping and item cost then that part of the order is canceled leaving only the digital item.

You could for future sales buy an Etsy label and mail a receipt.  That works for SS.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.