JulaBay
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller not calculating right for digital sellers

I got a message saying I didn’t meet star seller this month for dispatch timing. I’m a full digital seller. I don’t dispatch anything, it’s all by your automated file dispatch system.  There isn’t a number in dispatch but - - lines as there is no dispatch.  I see this has happened to many digital sellers.  So I’m curious as to why this has now impacted star seller for digital shops.   I had 100 percent response time as well as the feedback at 5.  Everything in my control was complete.  There is nothing I dispatch so I’m not sure why it would even be considering this for a digital shop.  This is new this month as all months prior it has been correct as star seller.   I have a screenshot I can share but I can’t see to do it here. 

how can I converse with an actual Etsy support person about this?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
12 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Star seller not calculating right for digital sellers

Some of my listings are instant downloads and they are counting. You could try to contact support via your shop dashboard. I wish you luck as I contacted them last month because I have no star seller badges in my shop. The lady was very nice and acknowledged it was an error but had no power to fix it!

1 Like

The same for our shop. This is definitely a bug and hopefully will be fixed soon.

1 Like

Same for my shop.. contacted etsy support about that already 3 times and always got message that they know about issue, working on it but nothing fixed.. I also lost star seller badge for this month just because there appeared "shipping" section in my dashboard yesterday just for 1 day and today it dissapeared.. but I lost star seller badge cuz of that bug.

1 Like

Same for me. My Star seller progress shows in the section "On-time shipping & tracking" that I have fulfilled with the conditions in the 99% of the orders, and I have fulfilled absolutelly with the 100% of them. I have download the spreadsheet looking for the supposed order I have not shipped on time and which Etsy says it has not tracking number. That order was made on Wednesday, I shipped it Thursday, and tracking number was added and everything it's correct. So there's a mistake, I have to have 100% rate and not a 99%. I know I will get my Star Seller badge this month, but I can't know if this mistake could affect to my badge during August and September, because it depends of the number of orders I have, and that's what worries me...

0 Likes

Same here, we're full digital delivery. Had Star Seller last month and would have had it again this month since we met the criteria for messages and reviews. But the new "smooth shipping" badge can't be met by us since we don't have tracking. The files are uploaded to the buyer's order or they are instant delivery. I have already reached out to Etsy via chat and was told they were apologetic and my report was being sent to the appropriate team. Seems like another instance of Etsy getting ahead of itself and failing to account for their diverse sellers. Us digital sellers are always the afterthought, despite the very real fees we pay.

2 Likes
JulaBay
Inspiration Seeker

This is exactly me. And other digital shops as well. We don’t ship. It is all etsy downloads….  Etsy when are you going to fix this?  This bug is new this month as I’ve always been a star seller but this is new this month.  

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

They are "working on it"!!! The program has been around since last Sept. You would think they could get it right by now.

2 Likes

I'm also having this same issue and I'm so unhappy! I've contacted Etsy multiple times, and they're all telling me the same thing "Our engineering partners are currently aware of an issue where digital-only orders act like physical orders. We've added your report to the ongoing investigation so the team can take a deeper look into what's going on." 

It appears to be fixed for the August Star Sellar badge (so far) but for July, it's still showing "--% of 0 Eligible Orders" for on-time tracking and dispatch, which is making me "fail" for the July badge. 

0 Likes
JulaBay
Inspiration Seeker

Exactly.  I’m  —% too.    Digital sales should not count for shipping as it isn’t us who deliver.  It’s Etsy.  

0 Likes

The person I spoke to says they're still working on adjusting for July still and so if we qualified for Star Seller prior to this error, a badge should be re-instated, but I honestly don't know if that's true and if they're just saying that to get me off the phone/chat. I hope that's what happens. The whole situation is infuriating. We sacrifice and work so hard to reach these targets, only for Etsy to trip and kick up on the last day of the month. Absolutely ridiculous.

0 Likes
PlannerYXE
Inspiration Seeker

Me too! I only sell digital and I have perfect scores on message responses and ratings then get the message I am not a star seller...  I hope they fix this soon!

0 Likes

Hey guys, the 'On-time Dispatch' option has just popped up again for my current review period, this has only happened in the last 24 hours and it's now saying I'll fail for August as well. Is anyone else's showing the same? I hate this. 

Just to clarify, it's still showing as well for the 'last review period' since it came up on the last day of June.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.