HalfDeadandCo
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller not awarded due to error in sales amount minimum

I received an order before midnight EST on March 31, and it should have set me over the minimum $300 to keep star seller for April. I have perfect scores on everything else, and it makes no sense that it wasn't counted. The star seller terms and conditions says "if the Assessment Date is on September 1, 2021, then a seller’s performance from June 1, 2021 through August 31, 2021 is measured." There's no mention of a specific time zone used for the cutoff, nor that shipping labels have any effect on the statistic - making anyone assume that it's using their local time zone and only the order itself is used. 

I spoke to someone in customer support who said only that the last two days of the month don't count, but also that it wasn't counted due to the ship date. Can someone please clarify and explain where exactly in the seller handbook/terms and conditions these specifics are noted? Because if not that's incredibly misleading and penalizes sellers for a customer's order timing.

How can this be corrected? I've had star seller for most of the last year, let alone much of my store's history, and anyone able to look at the back end can see my stellar statistics.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Star seller not awarded due to error in sales amount minimum

You got the right information. The last few days don't count under certain circumstances, from what I've read in the forums.

That sale hadn't been completed in that it hadn't been sent out. What if sellers were awarded the badge for a sale on March 31, and then promptly cancelled and refunded? Should that count?

You ask how it can be "corrected": it can't. Etsy has said that it will not manually alter anything having to do with star seller.

0 Likes

I'm thinking that star seller is based on eastern time zone since that is where etsy headquarters are. (Brooklyn, NY)

0 Likes

@CatsBeadKitsandMore Some of the data timestamps are based on "Etsy Time" ie: Brooklyn NY

But for Star Seller metrics, the timestamp used is UTC

1 Like

@HalfDeadandCo: Etsy information always sounds to us like it was written by an attorney who is going out of their way to make sure you can never claim "but you said ...".

Much of the clarification made in this forum is based on remarks by Etsy moderators and from actual experience by many sellers. If one reads between the lines it appears that orders are assigned to the month that they are scheduled to ship by NOT the month they were actually shipped just like it seems that messages are assigned to the month that the reply must be made by. Whether or not that applies to the sales quantity and volume requirements has never been made clear, but the fact that all Star Seller stats are in UTC has been confirmed (so anything after 8:00 pm your time is tomorrow to Star Seller) and can be verified by looking at the CSV Star Seller files.

Yes, there are many inconsistencies - for example our CSV file for shipping always shows the 'ship by date' as the actual date shipped instead of the one on the order (we keep records of all that so we know), possibly because we always ship before the scheduled ship by date. Shipments can count against you for 'missing processing time' even though there seems to be no way to publish a listing without one, and where that has been held against us the listing most definitely did have a processing time and other sales of that listing did not lose the processing time.

0 Likes

It's not a perfect program, even if your stats are. 

0 Likes

SSP Metrics are based on UCT Time not local time. 

Where the USD Order Value (USD $ 300) and Order Number (5) Metrics are concerned, for an Order to be attributed to any one day it has to be placed before midnight UTC. Depending on a Shop's location, time may be several hours ahead of or several hours behind UTC

Where SSP Shipping on Time Metric is concerned, the Order is attributed to the Month the Order was "Due to Ship" not the Month in which it was actually shipped. This is to avoid penalizing Sellers who receive an Order on the last days ogf any Month, but who are not required to ship until the next Month due to their advertised Processing Timeframe

The same logic applied to Messaging. Messages responded to in the last hours of any one day may be attributed to the next day due to both the UTC timestamp AND the 24 hour response window which may, depending on when the Message was received and the location of the Shop, be the first day of the next Month

Unfortunately, eligibility for SSP Badge/s is based on 2 Qualifying Criteris 5 Orders and USD $ 300 in the immediate past 3 months

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

You got that order on April first, UTC time.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.