MyCreatiVibes
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller - message response time

Jump to solution

Hello, I am quick to respond but had a customers package come back undeliverable, to the address they gave me. I asked them to confirm their address before paying to re-ship the merchandise, but they never responded. I believe this interaction lowered my rating. Is there anyway I can fix this sooner that letting time fix it? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star seller - message response time

Jump to solution

@MyCreatiVibes: "I believe this interaction lowered my rating." Have you checked the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page? When you look at the file remember that that the dates / times are in UTC (not your time zone), only the first message of a new incoming thread is included (all that counts for Star Seller), and usually a new incoming thread is not included until after the 24 hour reply window has passed regardless of when you replied. There is also a link to the actual message thread so you can verify what the message is.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Messages that you send do not count.  Only first messages from a buyer or seller.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MyCreatiVibes  - You sending a new message/starting a new thread requesting that your buyer update their shipping address will not affect your shop's star rating for message response time.

Look at you current stats on messaging - see the breakdown - to see which message(s) Etsy shows as needing a response. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MyCreatiVibes: "I believe this interaction lowered my rating." Have you checked the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page? When you look at the file remember that that the dates / times are in UTC (not your time zone), only the first message of a new incoming thread is included (all that counts for Star Seller), and usually a new incoming thread is not included until after the 24 hour reply window has passed regardless of when you replied. There is also a link to the actual message thread so you can verify what the message is.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.