TheRedBobbinShop
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller message issue

Jump to solution

I had responded to a buyer on my app, it never showed up, and I got dinged for it.  I only noticed because I thought it strange she didn't respond back to me.  Anyway, I can live with that.

I thought the time period was 3 months.  Yes my calculation on message responses was only for October, and I had other responses in the previous months.  Can you look into this?  It's making the math part of my OCD crazy.  Thanks so much.  Maureen

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star seller message issue

Jump to solution

@TamJewelryandUniques: Have you checked the appropriate CSV file?  The Star Seller metric is that the FIRST message of a NEW thread must be replied to within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such. Those have always been the rules. Subsequent messages from the same account (a buyer may have multiple accounts) are supposed to be combined into a single thread and DO NOT count for Star Seller. Etsy is now putting a blue text warning / advisory on those messages they consider to be a "new message" but should semantically be called a "new thread".

Help Requests always start a new thread.

If you are creating a custom listing based on a new thread, you still need to reply to the message.

Cancellation requests in a new thread must be replied to in the actual message - replies using the cancellation form do not count as a response.

At least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period. Note that subsequent messages from that account may go directly to the SPAM folder.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Jump to solution

I missed a message they say in Aug. They also said I have 17 messages and I have over 40. I tried emailing they just respond you missed one. I just going to give up because I cannot get anyone to call me and I have tried for months. So disappointed.

Tamara

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TamJewelryandUniques: Have you checked the appropriate CSV file?  The Star Seller metric is that the FIRST message of a NEW thread must be replied to within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such. Those have always been the rules. Subsequent messages from the same account (a buyer may have multiple accounts) are supposed to be combined into a single thread and DO NOT count for Star Seller. Etsy is now putting a blue text warning / advisory on those messages they consider to be a "new message" but should semantically be called a "new thread".

Help Requests always start a new thread.

If you are creating a custom listing based on a new thread, you still need to reply to the message.

Cancellation requests in a new thread must be replied to in the actual message - replies using the cancellation form do not count as a response.

At least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period. Note that subsequent messages from that account may go directly to the SPAM folder.

0 Likes
TheRedBobbinShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Well I count 15 unique messages from August.  I don't get many, so it's easy enough to skew my percentages.  Frustrating.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.