CollectiveByZen
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller eligibility

Jump to solution

I am on track to become a star seller for April.

this is regarding message response rate. I have 100% response rate to all my customers but recently I made a purchase using my seller profile and the seller sent a thank you message which I did not reply to and it affected my message response rate.

I didn’t realise that the messages I get as a “buyer” will affect the message response rate of my star SELLER eligibility.

Is there something that I can do about this?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star seller eligibility

Jump to solution

Move the message to your Spam folder now.  That should cancel the problem and your response rate will return to 100%.  

View solution in original post

2 Likes
11 Replies

Jump to solution

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that. You have to respond to all messages. In the future, you may want to open a different account just for buying and avoid this issue

0 Likes
rarefinds4u
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Ugh!  so sorry but there is nothing you can do.  We have achieved star seller about 1/2 of the time that it has been in effect.  I know we have good pr and service - I do my best but don't loose sleep if we don't get it.  I believe if you go in and mark the convo "read" it doesn't go against you for future reference.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Move the message to your Spam folder now.  That should cancel the problem and your response rate will return to 100%.  

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, do this. I had a similar problem some months ago and I put the message in Spam and the next day my rating was back to 100%

2 Likes
ACertainFeel
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Marking that message Spam will clear it but it may not save you in time for April because the calculations seems to stop a couple of days before the end of a month. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you get a note attached to an order does that count as a message you have to reply to? Because I once got a question with an order and it was before Etsy consolidated messages but they said I didn't reply and I lost star seller (although I had replied to the same message in my messages folder, I didn't know I got the same message twice.) I forgot to reply to someone who said thank you in an order note so now will I lose SS? I calculated it takes 20 messages if you're late on one message so hopefully notes don't count.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@BeadandGem 

If you get a note attached to an order does that count as a message you have to reply to?

No. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you! That just means that there was an error then because the spreadsheet listed I had 2 messages from the same person at the same exact time, and that I replied to one right away, and the other one I didn’t reply to. But I see other people say there’s nothing you can’t do when that happens so nothing I could have done anyway.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

the spreadsheet listed I had 2 messages from the same person at the same exact time, and that I replied to one right away, and the other one I didn’t reply to

You needed to reply to both.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There was only one message in my messages. So I don’t know where the second one came from. I thought it was a note with the order. But now I’m confused and thinking it was a glitch because it said it came at the exact same time from the same person, same message.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This is the last 2 days so it may not help for April to spam it.  If it knocks you below 95%, you may have to wait until May.

The last two days of the month are not counted in for doing the next month SS.  They do show up later. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.