Star seller data wrong

Jump to solution

Hi there

I've cancelled refunded an order this month and looking at my stats for the current review period this cancelled order has counted against me for not adding tracking info. I agreed to cancel the order with the customer as the ring could not be made into her size so it was fully refunded and the order was closed. This seems rather unfair to count against me when I cannot add tracking information to an order which is cancelled.

Any idea if this can be reviewed at all?

Many thanks

Faye

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star seller data wrong

Jump to solution

The Refund window does not "talk" to the Orders window.

Many people make this mistake. They Refund from the Help Request or usinf the "Refund" button, but do not move to the "Cancel" button for fully cancel the Order. The reason it works like this is to allow "partial" refunds (shipping overages etc) which do not require cancellation.

Also, if the request to cancel comes from a Help Request, even though a Seller may use the one step Cancel/Refund process and leave a "Note to Buyer in the Refund, it is also important to leave a Message Reply on the Help Request as well to satisfy the 24 hour Message Response SSP metric.

View solution in original post

1 Like
10 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Take another look to be sure it shows as cancelled.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi, yes it's definatley showing as cancelled and refunded

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FayeNewmanDesigns: Are you sure that you refunded and CANCELLED the order? If you did, it should be in 'Completed' orders and show 'Cancelled' as the status. Also, the order needed to be cancelled on or before the scheduled ship by date.

Have you checked the CSV file available on your Star Seller page to confirm that you and Etsy are thinking of the same order?

1 Like

Jump to solution

I think I've issued a refunded and completed the order as I did it from the app and I don't think there was an option to cancel. Darn it. I'm guessing I should have done it from the computer instead and 'cancelled' it reather than 'refunding' it?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FayeNewmanDesigns: Don't use the app so can't say for sure about cancellation functionality, but based on the many many threads in this forum about app issues. at the very least you should use your mobile browser for critical tasks.

You can 100% refund an order without cancelling it, but you cannot cancel an order without a 100% refund.

You say the actual order definitely shows as 'cancelled' - are you sure that there is not some other order that Etsy thinks was shipped without verifiable tracking?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@FayeNewmanDesigns   Cancel and refund can be a one step or two step.  That is why we are a bit confused.

It's easy just to refund and not cancel.

It used to be a banner showed about the cancelation.

What did the email say?  THe email should give some information about the status?

And did you refund all?  If not the order remains open.

1 Like

Jump to solution

No sorry, it’s showing as refunded so I think it’s because I’ve refunded it and not actually cancelled it. The thing is, when refunding you put the reason as ‘seller and buyer agree to cancel’ (not sure what the exact wording is) so you would think Etsy would realise I’m refunding because I’m cancelling. Obviously not. 
Yeah the app isn’t great

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FayeNewmanDesigns: In the world of Etsy-speak, they make a distinction between cancelling the line item and cancelling the order. Not defending their wording, but you could have had an order with two items on it and were only cancelling one of them.

1 Like

Jump to solution

The Refund window does not "talk" to the Orders window.

Many people make this mistake. They Refund from the Help Request or usinf the "Refund" button, but do not move to the "Cancel" button for fully cancel the Order. The reason it works like this is to allow "partial" refunds (shipping overages etc) which do not require cancellation.

Also, if the request to cancel comes from a Help Request, even though a Seller may use the one step Cancel/Refund process and leave a "Note to Buyer in the Refund, it is also important to leave a Message Reply on the Help Request as well to satisfy the 24 hour Message Response SSP metric.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks for all your help everyone. I thought it would be something I did wrong. I’ll know what to do for next time 🥰

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.