All4monkey
Inspiration Seeker

Star selection

Hi ! My name is Liutsiia. I did not receive the seller for 2 months. I thought I had some kind of problem, but the reason is like I didn't add tracking to the orders. But it’s not true. please check orders , all orders was with a tracking number and they can track on Ukraine post office or USPS . But  for some reason does not track on etsy.

Liutsiia

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
UptownYvette
Conversation Maker

Re: Star selection

Wrong area.  Etsy won't respond here.  Contact Etsy through the "Help" area.

0 Likes

you have to use a shipper that etsy recognises, through aftership,

It took over a year for etsy to recognise UK Royal mail, so it's a slow process.

You also have to add the tracking number, when you mark as complete, if you add it after the ship by date, it doesn't count

0 Likes

Actually Royal Mail was late to the party on Aftership.  They joined Atership last year.

0 Likes

Aftership was late to the party with Royal Mail,

as Royal Mail were fine with E-bay and Amazon, it was etsy and aftership that were late

0 Likes

@All4monkey: The Star Seller metric for shipping is very simplistic and binary - either you marked the order as complete on time with a verifiable (by Etsy's third party vendor AfterShip.com) tracking number or you did not.

What happens if you click on the tracking number link on the actual order? If it opens the tracking page and shows the scan history then you have proof that the tracking information was entered correctly. In that case you should pursue it - while Etsy will not manually adjust Star Seller stats they can, in some cases, fix the underlying data and then the Star Seller stats will auto update (but not retroactively).

A order still in "pre transit" usually means that the tracking information AS ENTERED cannot be validated. If the shipping company is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. Sometimes a tracking number cannot be validated until after the first scan is publicly available.

0 Likes

Etsy uses Aftership.  You can check Aftership for the list of shippers for your country.

When you take the item to the post office, do you then return home and enter the tracking number the same day?  If you enter the tracking number after the day of shipping, the item is considered not shipped by Etsy.

THe other is your processing time frame.  Try to ship as early as possible within the processing time frame.  If you wait till the last day and it is late in the last day, the time zone issue can kick in and when that changes, the item may have been seen to ship outside your processing time frame.

If you know that none of this happened then you can contact Etsy and ask what they see.  They probably won't change the status but they can tell you if they see anything that may be contributing to the tracking number not registering. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.