Star Selling Shipping Tracker Not Tracking

So I have 6 packages showing no tracking information according to the Star Seller tracker but when I look into finding those 6 I can't seem to find them.

I have one order that is still being made so that is 1 order accounted for but the other 4 I am very unsure of where they are coming from because I can find one that Etsy thought didn't have tracking on.

When I go to my completed orders in my shipping history and look for ones without tracking only 1 order shows up, but there is actually tracking attached to the tracking number part. So that would be number 2 accounted for, which it really shouldn't be counting against me since there is tracking information on the order.

Now for the others I see nothing else without tracking numbers, so as stated earlier that leaves me with at least 4 orders that the tracking system thinks doesn't have tracking, but yet the shipping history has tracking information for the rest of my orders.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Star Selling Shipping Tracker Not Tracking

@RogueStarCreations: You need to check the applicable CSV file on your Star Seller page (last review period for December star) to see what Etsy thinks is late or otherwise has something wrong with it. In particular make sure that *Had processing time?* = yes, *Ship by* has a date, *Tracking/label date* has a date, and *Shipped on time?* = yes. Remember that Star Seller dates / times are in UTC not your time zone.

"... there is actually tracking attached to the tracking number part." Does the actual order show as at least "in transit"? Has the package been scanned? Sometimes a tracking number cannot be validated until after the first scan is publicly available. If the shipping company is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order.  An unsupported shipping company or invalid / unverified tracking number equals shipped without tracking.

1 Like

So all my ones I have checked are USPS and have shown delivered but for some reason the CVS file is still showing no tracking information.

0 Likes
ExtremeCreation
Conversation Maker

Be sure you used what Etsy considers "a valid tracking number". If you purchased the tracking outside of Etsy's shipping labels, be sure the shipping company's tracking is support by Etsy as @BagmakerSupply  stated. 

0 Likes

So one was international and not an Etsy label, so that might be the reason for one of them. As the method used might not be recognized.

0 Likes

Do you use Etsy labels or Pirateship which adds the tracking automatically?.  If not and you are manually entering, is the tracking number correct?

International?   Etsy recognizes the standard global shipping. USPS delivers the item to Asendia and they put the custom number on it.

When shipping with USPS do you have them scan the items?  Do you use a scan sheet?  Do you wait in line at the PO to get them scanned.  If you are just dropping them off, there is a good chance the items are not scanned right away. If the item is outside processing time frame, Etsy considers the item not shipped no matter that you did ship.  Shipping within processing time frame is important.  

Shipping labels need to be created for the actual day of shipping.  They cannot be created earlier than that and then used to ship.  That screws up the tracking.

0 Likes

I always check the USPS site if etsy isn't showing movement. Etsy a lot of times doesn't update their info.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.