shoprooble
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller incorrectly lowering my score for shipping

Jump to solution

Hello, I had an order in July that I shipped on the same day it was placed and is still being dinged against my account for not "shipping within the processing window". I talked to support and they let me know that the order did not have any processing time associated with it, even though all my shipping profiles have processing times and I've never had this issue in the past. I'm reporting this technical issue as it's completely unfair for my account to be dinged for some unknown technical issue. I shipped the order the same day it was placed, there is literally nothing else I could have done to ship this order faster.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller incorrectly lowering my score for shipping

Jump to solution

Hey There!

Our engineers are currently looking into orders tagged as no processing time on the CSV for star seller even though there is a processing time set up before the order was made. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello there,

Our engineering partners are currently aware of an issue where some Orders do not have processing time added. We've added your report to the ongoing investigation so the team can take a deeper look into what's going on. At this time, we do not have a timeframe for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize our issues by the impact on our marketplace. 

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello there,

Our engineering partners are currently aware of an issue where some Orders do not have processing time added. We've made sure to add your reports to the ongoing investigation so the team can take a deeper look into what's going on.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
30 Replies
MikkiMadeDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Was the item in question associated with a shipping profile? Sometimes there are glitches and an item becomes disconnected from its previously associated shipping profile.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There have been other reports of similar issues reported in these forums. This is a seller peer to peer forum and not a way to contact Etsy if that is your hope. Since you have contacted support, hopefully you received an eMail from them and you need to continue to select 'I Still Need Help' (or whatever the verbiage is on that particular contact) on each reply from them until you are satisfied or the matter is resolved.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hey There!

Our engineers are currently looking into orders tagged as no processing time on the CSV for star seller even though there is a processing time set up before the order was made. 

Thanks!

1 Like
ClayEnMain
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hi I am having the same issue. 3 items that were shipped before processing shipping deadline were shown with no dispatch date and I am being dinged out of star seller because of it.

Please let me know what I should do.

thanks

1 Like

Jump to solution

This issue has been going on for at least a couple of months (when it first affected me). Support told me two months ago that it's a known bug, but that there weren't any immediate plans to fix it. I am glad to hear that it is at least actively being looked into now.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@ArdentHearts, I love your shop name! Will have to check it out. If Etsy is aware of the issue, they should stop dinging sellers shipping scores til it's fixed. 

2 Likes
ClayEnMain
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

ya it really sucks to ship out orders ahead of processing deadline and be dinged out of star seller for it. I hoping they can atleast correct the mistake made in my shop for star seller.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello there,

Our engineering partners are currently aware of an issue where some Orders do not have processing time added. We've added your report to the ongoing investigation so the team can take a deeper look into what's going on. At this time, we do not have a timeframe for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize our issues by the impact on our marketplace. 

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This reply in the forum is same subject but different concern. This is after two ‘chats’ this month. The first chat concluded with ‘correction will appear in 24-48 hours’. When it didn’t, I went back to chat and the second one was discontinued with a message, ‘Looks like we haven't heard back from you for a few minutes’ while I was typing my response.

My Star Seller stat report indicates TWO sales with NO tracking—this is INCORRECT. If you go into my Etsy Orders & Shipping File you will see 20 sales for this Star Seller period, with only one NO tracking--This was a few vintage postage stamps ($7.63) sent in a letter size envelope. USPS does not give tracking on letters unless you pay for Certified which would be near half the cost of the sale. Package arrived as customer gave me a 5-star review.

Also, two different customers purchased more items the next day and requested combined shipping, so while there are four invoice numbers--per Etsy directions, those purchases have the same tracking number for each item—all items were received on time and given 5-star reviews.

PLEASE correct my Star Seller report; I take pride in being a Star Seller. Thank You

1 Like

Jump to solution

@Crozroadz  :  This is a seller peer to peer forum, not a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes post here).

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Crozroadz On your FC letter issue, Etsy expects you to buy a FC letter rate label for 58 cents or whatever in those cases and then you fulfill the SS requirement of tracking OR an Etsy label. 

Your second instance if you supplied a legit tracking number for the second order in the shipment within the shipping window that should have sufficed. Sometimes they just have tracking glitches. They did that to one of my Priority packages too. The tracking was right on the Etsy order but the CSV said "no tracking" . They never did fix it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have a dispute with my Star Seller status. I have worked on this for two weeks. No contact for Etsy yet. Very frustrating for such an important Status in Etsy. Can anyone help me with this?
I and many others work very hard for the Star Status on Etsy.
Answer our questions please!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue. My shipping score is down a percent and my order in question shipped less than a day after it was purchased and was delivered just 4 days later. I chatted the Etsy support and was told the same thing about not having processing orders set. I provided a screenshot showing where it was set (same as all of my listings!) Very frustrating. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_star_seller-contact_select

I was able to have Etsy call me through this link. They told me I had two listings that did not show processing time (even though they all show up for me and were duplicated from existing listings with processing times set). I hit publish (without changing anything) and she said they were then showing up.

I was not offered a solution or a credit to my shipping score, unfortunately. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PolishedPennyDesigns from what I have read here they do not update SS ratings even when there is a glitch or an error. I read that reply above as "we do not consider SS data issues to be high impact"So I would not hold my breath about it being addressed soon. Even if addressed they won't change your SS rating. They have been quoted as saying "We can't change SS data" but I read that as they DON'T change SS data. I think they don't want to mess with SS complaints at all as they don't see SS as a high impact issue.

1 Like
SewFunBabyQuilts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. The fact I am sitting at 93 percent instead of 100 percent is unfair as I shipped the order I am being dinged on for processing time within 24 hours. I have had Star Seller Status for over six months, and now it looks like I am going to loose it—and I did nothing wrong.  Is is frustrating that they cannot have a staff member go in and clear up individual issues with the rating system.  All of my customer reviews have been five star with so many positive comments on quality and fast shipping. To lose my star status is very frustrating. And to make it worse, I cannot find a place to actually chat with Etsy about this issue. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem and can not get any reaction from Etsy.
Do they ever take phone calls or call returns? How about Chat?Let me know if anyone has an answer.

0 Likes
ClayEnMain
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I now have yet another order showing no estimated dispatch date...why can't etsy help us sellers who are do what they ask of us in order to achieve star seller. why can they not go in and correct the mistakes so we don't get dinged. Surely they have the tech to correct this.

so discouraging

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Check and make sure all your listings have processing times and that something didn't "glitch out". I think some have been having some issues with shipping profiles info changing. My guess as why they don't fix anything (even if their fault) is they don't want to spend the time or money on employees to do it as to them " it doesn't affect search placement".

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello there,

Our engineering partners are currently aware of an issue where some Orders do not have processing time added. We've made sure to add your reports to the ongoing investigation so the team can take a deeper look into what's going on.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I will most likely lose my Star Seller badge.   I failed to push SEND on a message.  I was at 99%  and with that mistake,  went to 94%.   This means I don't have time to make up for Sept.   ONE message unanswered with  all other high points should not penalize a seller.  Oh well.   What else is new?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Me too!  My Star Seller Shipping data is off...it hasn't updated orders that actually shipped early and have already been delivered days and weeks ago!!  I tried contacting support via chat and that was an enormous waste of my time.  After 30 minutes all I got was, you need to wait a few more days to see if it updates.  I've waited - they still have not updated!  It updates some, but not others and there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to it. These KNOWN issues need to be fixed already, continued replies saying "engineering is aware and working on it" is just not acceptable any longer as I see it's been over 3 weeks they've been doing so!  Also, my rating data is off too.  All 5-stars and my data shows 4.3%.  So incredibly frustrating and I'm continuing to lose faith in the quality of Etsy code writers and tech staff.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Chat will tell you whatever they need to to get you off the phone. They have no technical pull. At best they can send your issue up the chain.

"Aware and working on it" still does not mean if they ever fix it, they will then fix your SS data. It is a bit like those final scenes from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when the Ark of the Covenant is turned over to the government and Indie wants to know who has it and is working on it and they tell him "Top men" When he asks WHICH top men they repeat "TOP men" then you see it wheeled off into a ginormous warehouse in a crate. "We are aware and are working on it" does not mean your SS rating will be adjusted. TOP men.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Can you tell me their help phone number?

I feel your frustration, I hope you have worked out a solution.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.