Star Seller dashboard says I’m missing tracking numbers but All of my orders have tracking numbers…

Jump to solution

Anyone have this show up that sell physical goods?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller dashboard says I’m missing tracking numbers but All of my orders have tracking numbe

Jump to solution

Hello there,

In cases like this, the shipping carrier’s tracking may not be supported on Etsy. If Etsy cannot process your carrier’s tracking events, you may consider using an alternate carrier. The number being entered may not be the tracking number, or a slight error may have been made in entering the number. Check the carrier and the tracking number match. If the carrier and tracking numbers do not match, this will count as an invalid tracking number. You can also check our help center article explaining how to add or edit a tracking number.

@OhMyPoshCollection, looking into your Star Seller dashboard, it appears that the order didn't have a tracking number and it isn't marked as complete yet. This is why it has affected your Star Seller. We strongly recommend marking the order as complete and adding the tracking number on or before the set ship-by-date.  

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Star Seller dashboard says I’m missing tracking numbers but All of my orders have tracking nu...

Jump to solution

Hello @EquusFancy,

We've double-checked the orders that affected your Star Seller on the previous review period and it appears that the tracking number can't also be tracked on the carrier's website. In cases like this, the number being entered may not be the tracking number, or a slight error may have been made in entering the number. Please check the carrier and the tracking number match. If the carrier and tracking numbers do not match, this will count as an invalid tracking number.

In regards to the carrier's not scanning the package immediately. We recommend shipping the package at an earlier time of the day to make sure that they will scan it, on the same day. Situations like these have been taken into consideration when it comes to scoring for Star Seller, which is why we opted to go with 95% instead of 100%. We understand that these things do happen sometimes, built in a bit of leeway for these situations.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Re: Star Seller dashboard says I’m missing tracking numbers but All of my orders have tracking numbe

Jump to solution

@Cosasraras: Presuming that you have checked to make sure that your shipping profiles are correctly set up, you might want to read Etsy's response on https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Dinged-twice-for-a-missing-processing-time-NOT-MISSIN...

1 Like
30 Replies

Jump to solution

Do you use Etsy lables?  Do you use a service that integrates with ETsy such as Pirateship?  

Or do you add the tracking number manually?  Is the listing saying in-transit?  If not Etsy considers it not shipped. 

It is not the tracking number that is so important, it is what it means.  The item has to say in-transit for Etsy to recognize it for the star seller.

Are you items all shipped within your processing time frame?  If you don't ship within but the day after, Etsy considers it not in transit.  All items have to be shipped and accepted by USPS or any other service within the processing time frame.     

If all orders have tracking and all say in-transit, you can contact Etsy and hope they will amend the star seller report.

(I always use the self serve kiosk because that gets the item it's acceptance and in transit quicker) 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, all Etsy labels. Yes, all shipped within their time frames or earlier. Some are in transit from Friday’s mail pick up.

0 Likes
EmbroidDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have a problem that is similar.  I sell digital products and just decided to add a physical item that I haven't sold in a while.  I have been a star seller for the past 6 months.  My processing time is 1-3 days.  I had an order on the 29th, which was sat.  I purchased the shipping label the same day and put the shipping for Tues the first.  Needless to say I no longer have my star seller badge because of a HOLIDAY weekend.  Etsy really needs  to get this fixed.  

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I posted two orders over the counter at the PO, on Monday, both with tracking, one is showing in transit, the other pre-transit  despite being handed over together.  For SS, Etsy recognised the in transit one but dinged me for the pre-transit.  It is ludicrous, but not worth worrying about, the badge is useless and has no real validity when it comes to measuring customer service levels.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I have the same thing - I think it's for canceled orders.     It's the only thing that makes the numbers line up because every other one of my orders has tracking that's updated.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It’s all so inconsistent and I work so hard on my little Shop!  I answer every convo asap!  Was down to 83% today!  I was like WHAT!  Makes no sense. Some get the badges some don’t!  I have 100% on tracking snd 5 Star ratings always have!    Some shops just got those badges. I never have!  I’ll never make the $300;  it’s all such a joke!!  

Those of you who have tracking numbers it should have been 100%  so Nuts!!! 

trying not to let it destroy my creativity and hope people just read the reviews!  All we can do!  

is it worth calling them?  Sit on hold for who knows how long for them to tell me the same thing I already know?  Oh well…

1 Like

Jump to solution

@AQuiltIsBorn 

When I shop on Etsy, I never look for badges but I do look at reviews. This is probably true of most shoppers. Don't let this SS nonsense destroy your creativity for one minute. Your customers are very happy, that is what counts.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Same happened to me.  I added the tracking number before EOD. Package had already been accepted and scanned same day earlier in the afternoon and now it shows in the report no tracking yet I go to the listing and i see the tracking details. Ugh!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello there,

In cases like this, the shipping carrier’s tracking may not be supported on Etsy. If Etsy cannot process your carrier’s tracking events, you may consider using an alternate carrier. The number being entered may not be the tracking number, or a slight error may have been made in entering the number. Check the carrier and the tracking number match. If the carrier and tracking numbers do not match, this will count as an invalid tracking number. You can also check our help center article explaining how to add or edit a tracking number.

@OhMyPoshCollection, looking into your Star Seller dashboard, it appears that the order didn't have a tracking number and it isn't marked as complete yet. This is why it has affected your Star Seller. We strongly recommend marking the order as complete and adding the tracking number on or before the set ship-by-date.  

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This issue has been addressed in several threads on this forum. Our experience is that the CSV file is often behind reality. If the shipper is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking and often recent shipments are not correctly / timely updated. We find that after a day or two the CSV file correctly shows tracking and shipment status. As mentioned before, the status on the order page needs to show at least "in transit". It matters not what the shipping company's web site says. We only mark an order as completed after the package is in the shipping company's possession and it sometimes takes 24 - 48 hours for the status to change even when the shipping company's web site already shows at least "accepted".

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@lotsofpaper I drop ship my prints with the company as my partner (listed in my shop) and they use UPS and USPS. What I’ve figured out is…is at the turn of the month, if it hadn’t been accepted or shipped, even if it’s not due to ship, we get dinged. We also get dinged with an Etsy label and it’s dropped off at the post office but THEY haven’t scanned it in. Obviously, I can’t control when they scan it in, even if they do, so we as sellers are getting dinged with something out of our control. Which sucks!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@EquusFancy 

What I am doing for drop-shipped prints: I added a couple of days onto the processing time, so 2 days at least beyond what it takes for them to ship.

Mine is not integrated, so I mark as Complete with tracking when the print processor lets me know it is shipped, but I always select the next day as the ship date. By that time, the USPS has usually caught up with the scan.

So far, so good.

0 Likes

Re: Star Seller dashboard says I’m missing tracking numbers but All of my orders have tracking nu...

Jump to solution

Hello @EquusFancy,

We've double-checked the orders that affected your Star Seller on the previous review period and it appears that the tracking number can't also be tracked on the carrier's website. In cases like this, the number being entered may not be the tracking number, or a slight error may have been made in entering the number. Please check the carrier and the tracking number match. If the carrier and tracking numbers do not match, this will count as an invalid tracking number.

In regards to the carrier's not scanning the package immediately. We recommend shipping the package at an earlier time of the day to make sure that they will scan it, on the same day. Situations like these have been taken into consideration when it comes to scoring for Star Seller, which is why we opted to go with 95% instead of 100%. We understand that these things do happen sometimes, built in a bit of leeway for these situations.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
paxpottery
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@TonsOfpaper what about when i select local pickup for an order that is LOCAL. There is no tracking to enter and I am going to lose star seller

1 Like

Jump to solution

@paxpottery There are 2 important elements to Etsy's Shipping requirements.

1) Streamlined Shipping To satisfy Etsy's requirement to ship with tracking, Etsy does allow for "Hand Delivery" to be entered as a shipping method in order to complete the Order.

2) Star Seller Program - This program does require 95% of Orders to be Shipped with Tracking. Etsy does point out that SSP is "optional" and is a "recognition" of a Shop's performance according to a few key metrics. This is from the Handbook

"What if I offer local pick-up or delivery for my items?

At this time, orders that don't have tracking because they are delivered or picked up in person will be considered shipped without tracking, and will not meet the Star Seller criteria for shipping."

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller-?segment=selling

0 Likes

Jump to solution

All my orders are shipped using Etsy postage. My processing time it is 1-3 business days in all my listings. I ship same day or next day, and I give the packages to the Postal Office Clerk to get the receipt....The orders missing processing time now, are 7. All arrived before or on time. What is going on? My Star seller will be gone on Nov.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@Cosasraras: Presuming that you have checked to make sure that your shipping profiles are correctly set up, you might want to read Etsy's response on https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Dinged-twice-for-a-missing-processing-time-NOT-MISSIN...

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello. I have 3 orders that shipped today, are marked completed and in transit yet Etsy marked them as no tracking. I read all the posts but I don't seem to fit into any of the categories. Any suggestions? Thank you! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@TheCharming2Randies: Your issue has been addressed in multiple threads in this forum.

Have the packages been scanned? Often the CSV file is often behind reality. If the shipper is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. Often recent shipments are not correctly / timely updated. Usually a day or two after the package has been scanned the CSV file correctly shows tracking and shipment status and the Star Seller Stats will auto adjust..

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You were correct, thank you! I did read through all the responses but none seemed to fit exactly what I was asking. This was the first time it happened. I appreciate your quick and accurate response!  Happy Holidays!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

What if somebody who lives in my community (a few blocks away) purchases from me on Etsy, and I opt to hand-deliver her package?  This has been the case a couple of times, so I refunded their shipping and marked the package as complete with no tracking information.  This negatively affected my Star Seller status at the time.  In my mind, I provided EXCELLENT customer service by delivering an order within the hour of purchase; however, I was penalized for saving my customer money on shipping.  Etsy should take hand-deliveries into consideration in this type of situation.

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

In the ideal world they would take this into account  but Etsy, and in particular Star Seller, is far from ideal.  Etsy has automated the system and the program that monitors it looks for hard evidence that you have satisfied the requirements.  A tracking number is evidence that you shipped the order on time.   The system can follow the link behind it and verify that you have indeed shipped. Marking an order complete is not evidence.  Etsy cannot verify that you did indeed deliver the order.  There is no trail of evidence.

Is this equitable?  No, it is not, but there are quite a lot of things about SS that are not equitable.  Eg, if you have a period where you meet all the other criteria but do not receive any reviews (an area over which we have zero control) you don't get a badge.  If you sell low value items, you can be disqualified because you fail to meet the $ threshold, even though you have the number of sales required  and meet all the other criteria.

SS is not a true measure of customer service.  They really don't want everyone to achieve the badge as then it would have even less meaning and value than it currently does.  It is also not worth worrying about.  You know your customers  and go out of your way to give excellent customer service regardless of whether Etsy recognises that.  Just keep doing your own thing and ignore SS.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.  My reason for being concerned about Star Seller status is that (according to other sellers) Etsy gives Star Sellers priority in search results.  

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy clearly states that SS does not give those with SS badges search priority, at least not at this time.  They suggest it might make buyers feel more confident in a seller and therefore more inclined to buy, but there is little evidence that most buyers even know the badge exists, let alone what it means.

Many of us will never be able to achieve the badge, I have had it once since it began, and that was purely by accident.  Not having has made no difference.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.