BabyThreadsUK
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller awards

Jump to solution

I have contacted Etsy Customer Services several times now and my issue has not been resolved yet.

My Star Seller Messages  has been given a score of 50% even although I have answered ALL messages well within 24 hours. When I look at my stats it says that I have had two messages - one which I answered on time, one which I have not, hence the 50% score. I have tried to point out the following to Etsy but they just don't seem able to understand even although I have explained the issue in detail.

• I have received, and replied to, far more than 2 messages - it's more like 40 and each one was answered promptly.
  • Of the two messages that they only seem to be aware of, the message which I apparently did not reply to was a message that I had sent to a seller after I gave them a review and they replied to me with a 'thank you' - so I didn't have to reply to it!
  • Each time, I have replied through Etsy and when I look at my Shop Manager I can see all the messages and my replies so I don't understand how Etsy can't.

I have also lost my award for posting my items on time - again this is unfair as I often take my parcels to our local post office which does not accept tracked mail. They have all been sent on time but because I haven't always bought postage through Etsy and don't have a tracking number, Etsy ASSUMES that they haven't been sent on time.

I therefore find that the Star Seller programme is very unfair and does not necessarily reflect the way in which sellers conduct their business.

I also do not find that Customer Service agents don't always grasp individual issues and can only send out stock answer replies.

Just a word of warning for anyone experiencing the same problems and I hope that Etsy can actually attend to these discrepancies in their award system.

Thank you

Carole Jude

BabyThreadsUK

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller awards

Jump to solution

From your message It appears that you want to take part in the Star seller programme , to do so you need to follow Etsy measuring criteria so it is time to find out how Star seller works

https://help.etsy.com/How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller 

... ..you say the message which I apparently did not reply to was a message that I had sent to a seller , the measuring system clearly states we must reply to all first messages 

you say .....I often take my parcels to our local post office which does not accept tracked mail ,  Tracking is part of the star seller metric , so you will only qualify if you find a solution here .

It is up to you how you run your shop , continue  as you are and realise Star seller isn't something you will be part of. 

...Or, do what Etsy says you need to do to qualify for the programme

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

Jump to solution

Re-read the star seller info. We have to answer every message or put it into spam.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

If you sent a message to someone and they replied to you, that reply is the first message you have received from them and it must be replied to.  You don't have to keep going back and forth to try to get the last word, but you do have to respond to the first message from someone, even if you are the one who initiated the conversation.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

If you initiate a convo and it is replied to in that message thread, then you don't have to reply.

If you initiate a convo and a reply is received in a separate thread that counts as an initial message and must be replied to.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

From your message It appears that you want to take part in the Star seller programme , to do so you need to follow Etsy measuring criteria so it is time to find out how Star seller works

https://help.etsy.com/How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller 

... ..you say the message which I apparently did not reply to was a message that I had sent to a seller , the measuring system clearly states we must reply to all first messages 

you say .....I often take my parcels to our local post office which does not accept tracked mail ,  Tracking is part of the star seller metric , so you will only qualify if you find a solution here .

It is up to you how you run your shop , continue  as you are and realise Star seller isn't something you will be part of. 

...Or, do what Etsy says you need to do to qualify for the programme

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy has also been clear that tracking is always required for Star Seller as well.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DarcyQuilts 

Tracking is always required for US sellers.

OP is located in the UK: Therefore tracking is required for orders of £10 and above.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Hi Carole, good advice from others.  Just wanted to add; you may also get a Message from a Seller that you know "How's it going", for example.  Because you are not the Initiator of tha Message, it must be responded to.  
I use the same account as a buyer and seller.  If a Seller Messages me about my Order, I will Respond "Thank You" (this was before the SS Metrics came out).  If someone says, "Hey, buy my gems 30% off"...Boom, Spam.

Hope this helps you going forward.

0 Likes
BabyThreadsUK
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.