RockAndTumbleCo
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller Message Response Rate Not Updating

Jump to solution

I recently spoke to Customer Support and was able to confirm that the calculation of messages responded to within 24 hrs is innacurate:

- For example: Etsy Support shows 122 out of 132 responded to (92.4%) 

- Actual Responses: Somewhere around 172 out of 182 

I probably was still just shy of 95% still but I'm concerned there was such a huge delta between what Etsy used to calculate vs reality. Is there any escalated solution to this bug? Etsy Support suggested posting here for the technical support team to investigate. 

Thank you

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller Message Response Rate Not Updating

Jump to solution

@RockAndTumbleCo 

Unfortunately etsy support (guessing it was either live chat support or phone call back support?) and the help articles seem to be confused. I know they refer sellers to post here but this is a peer to peer support forum. Etsy changed it to peer to peer a while ago which means it's just us sellers here. Sadly they seriously lag with updating articles. The inconsistencies around here can be very frustrating. To get actual tech support from etsy you will need to go through the support ticket system and use the email option. The live chat and phone call back people are just a call center and can only handle a very limited set of issues. They are also often clueless about how etsy really works and are known to give incorrect information. Stick with email support...that will eventually be an actually etsy employee answering. It may go through a call center person first with generic canned answers but just reply to that email saying it did not solve your issue and eventually you will get someone who actually knows something. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Jump to solution

@RockAndTumbleCo 

Unfortunately etsy support (guessing it was either live chat support or phone call back support?) and the help articles seem to be confused. I know they refer sellers to post here but this is a peer to peer support forum. Etsy changed it to peer to peer a while ago which means it's just us sellers here. Sadly they seriously lag with updating articles. The inconsistencies around here can be very frustrating. To get actual tech support from etsy you will need to go through the support ticket system and use the email option. The live chat and phone call back people are just a call center and can only handle a very limited set of issues. They are also often clueless about how etsy really works and are known to give incorrect information. Stick with email support...that will eventually be an actually etsy employee answering. It may go through a call center person first with generic canned answers but just reply to that email saying it did not solve your issue and eventually you will get someone who actually knows something. 

0 Likes
RockAndTumbleCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

That's a good suggestion, thanks for the input.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. The calculations are terrible. I've downloaded my responses for the last two periods. Here's what's happening: 1) I have customers who sent me three messages one after the other on the same day just asking for advice. 2) I respond to the most recent message and answer all of their questions within THREE HOURS of the FIRST message. My message count for that thread is one out of three messages responded to within 24 hours or 33%. What?!  Threads aren't supposed to count against you. I'm a one-woman show making time-consuming products by hand. This really needs to be fixed. If all messages are from a single customer, why isn't it counting as a single thread? 

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is what is supposed to happen according to Etsy and I quote: "

"In June, we’ll introduce a new-and-improved Messages experience that will start to combine messages from the same buyer. To earn your Star Seller badge you’ll need to respond to initial messages from buyers within 24 hours on fewer threads, making it easier to stay on top of your messages."  

Here is a link to initiate chat or email.

Here is the link to request a callback.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.