Hey everyone!

I am having a very frustrating issue with the Star Seller program and was directed here by Support as they weren't able to resolve my issue. 

I have 100% in my response time and reviews, but 93% in my shipping because I am missing tracking on several orders. I am missing the tracking because it doesn't make sense to pay for tracked shipping on orders that are $10 (it costs me $16 to send a tracked card to the US). On the Etsy help page, it is saying that I should click on the 'This order doesn't have tracking' button but I don't seem to have this option. Is anyone else having this issue and working around it?

I had previously been a Star Seller for the past 6 months but then something changed in the backend - as I have been doing the same thing the whole time! I wish Etsy support was a bit more helpful

Would love to hear if anyone else is having the same issue.

Re: Star Seller Issue: Can't Provide Tracking for $10 Item

Jump to solution

Another flaw with the shipping tracker is that if you have a customer who makes an order, then orders another item and you combine shipping, the second order will show up as not having a tracking number because an etsy label wasn't created for it.  

The only work around I can see is to cancel both orders and have the customer make another order which includes both items. Ridiculous and a waste of time for everyone.  Basically, I am being penalized for refunding shipping and combining orders, which is good customer service.

I am officially giving up on being a star seller.

Also, the new 6.5 % fee is paying for a flawed tool that seems only good for providing stress.  Meanwhile, Etsy can't provide a tax calculator for Canadian shops or police the site to keep resellers off.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

Jump to solution

These bugs really do need to be worked out! I don't see a point in introducing a system like Star Seller if it's not going to be reflective of actual good customer service!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @RachelleMiller,

We've double-checked your Star Seller and we can confirm that the orders affecting your Star Seller have a value that is above AU$15. Please remember that orders of a certain value(in your case, AU$15 and above) will need to have tracking or a shipping label purchased on Etsy for it to count positively towards your Star Seller. More information can be found in this Help Article.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There are a couple of orders of $19.90 (two cards) that I have also shipped letter mail because tracked shipping would cost me $16! There would be no profit on this order. But I do see that my single $9.95 card orders are not counting against my score. Am I expected to pay and make no profit on these orders in order to quality for Star Seller?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.