NumNumPlace
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller Incorrectly calculated by ETSY

I'm upset because my star seller rating has been incorrectly calculated. Now I find there is no support or no way to get this taken care of.

I answered the first email in every communication within 24hrs and ETSY is giving me a 94% score. How does this get fixed??

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Re: Star Seller Incorrectly calculated by ETSY

Dod you respond to all messages for the entire review period, March through May?

Check your csv file to see where you’re getting rated down.

0 Likes
NumNumPlace
Inspiration Seeker

I did not reply to a thank you type second message from a customer. The guidelines state that I am not required to reply to these. Is this incorrect.

Thank you!

0 Likes

@NumNumPlace As of this time, for SSP, you need to respond to every message which is started in a new thread, from both Buyers and Sellers, to fulfil SSP metrics.

According to the Announcement made today, there will be changes effective as of 01 July, but these will not affect the Badge to be awarded 01 June 2022.

So yes, your interpretation of the metric requirements as they currently stand is incorrect. You may be able to mark the "Thank-you" message as "Spam, but I suspect that this will be too late for SSP Metrics are finalized.

0 Likes
OFungStudios
Inspiration Seeker

Our store was down in response rate because we didn't respond to a purchase we made from another store. The owner messaged us asking for a review and we didn't respond to them in 24 hours. That conversation counts against the percentage even though it had nothing to do with our etsy seller store.

1 Like
NumNumPlace
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for sharing your experience. I wish the instructions covered these issues more closely.

0 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

ALL messages you receive must be answered within 24 hours, even duplicates, and those related to purchases you make from other Etsy shops. If you made a purchased and received a thank you/acknowledgement from  the seller, you either have to reply or mark the message as spam.  If you don't it will count against you.

0 Likes
NumNumPlace
Inspiration Seeker

I did not reply to a thank you type second message from a customer. The guidelines state that I am not required to reply to these. Is this incorrect. Did I misinterpret the guide?

Thank you!

0 Likes

You misinterpreted the guide. It is all messages. >  How to Become a Star Seller – Etsy Help 

It DOES say :What to do if a BUYER sends multiple  new messages but that doesn't mean it doesn't count all messages. You can try spamming that one. I'd do it quick before the month rolls over at midnight.

0 Likes

@hopeandjoystudios 

The month already rolled over for star seller stuff. It's on UTC time not the sellers time zone. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.