Star Seller Dash Board Technical Issues !!

Hello. I received my first 1-star customer review, and it appears to be spam as it includes unrelated comments about my product. However, my report was closed after responding to the review, as it violated the rules. Months of effort were nullified by an untrue review, and Etsy doesn't seem to take significant steps to protect sellers. Etsy is my full-time job, and such attacks have a negative impact on my future and life. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that we can find a solution, so let's move on.

On the day I received the 1-star review, my Star Seller dashboard was updated instantly. However, it hasn't been updated for three days now. My review rate is displayed as "average rating based on 14 reviews," but my current review count is 17, and it's been more than 48 hours since the last review. I can't understand why my updated review rate, which is 4.8, hasn't been reflected yet.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Star Seller Dash Board Technical Issues !!

You are selling trademarked items, Etsy will not remove the review but they may be taking a closer look at your shop.

Also when you reply to a review you lock it in

2 Likes

Yes, unfortunately I learned this through experience.. My problem is that my Star seller Dash board has not been updated for 3 days.

0 Likes

I would not worry about the star sellers dash not updating, there sometimes is a lag.

The Barbie listing should be your main worry, this will cause you to lose any badges or star seller permanently and shop closure.

This week there have been several sellers in the forum who woke to their accounts closed and funds held, maybe you should read their threads. 

1 Like

This is not a barbie product. Font with die cut lines. Yes, I know there are closed accounts, I am very knowledgeable on the subject, thank you.

0 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

@MuCreativeSolutions Your listing uses Barbie images, logos, "bonus 45 Barbie fonts" - all of these are illegal. If I were you I would listen to @CryzalisDesigns Losing your shop is a much bigger problem than dashboard updates.

5 Likes

@MuCreativeSolutions 

It is a Barbie product, the first photo has "Barbie" on it 9 times

and your tags have "Barbie" in them 11 times

5 Likes

The problem I have here is not a debate about whether it is a Barbie product or not!  
But I will listen to your advice on this matter, thank you.

0 Likes

It's going to take more than one good review to wipe out the bad one that is affecting your star seller metrics. You will need to be patient.

0 Likes

This comment answered my questions. Thank you very much 

0 Likes

@MuCreativeSolutions 

On average, it takes 19 five-star reviews to make up for 1 one-star review.  

0 Likes

You said it is unrelated comments about your product, that was not a barbie product.

But it is a Barbie product, and the review is related to it

font terms can be called fonts, font faces, and sometime just faces,

there are shadows on the barbie font faces, on the first photo, and it appears the buyer doesn't like them

0 Likes

This is a font designed for devices like Cricut and Silhouette, but it is associated with Barbie. People search for and purchase this product as 'BARBIE FONTS,' and honestly, I don't know how a legal selling method under the name Barbie font is possible. Should I refer to it as Barbie doll? Creating separate cutting lines for each letter and putting effort into it is not an easy task, and I'm not sure how familiar you are with this. I meticulously create each letter and add cutting lines separately. This is a product I've worked on for days. What I want to emphasize is that I think I'm making a mistake in the product visuals. I understand what you mean.

The product is called Retro Dolly FONTS, and the idea of including a face in it doesn't make sense to me. My focus is not on marketing the product in that way. There are hundreds of star-seller accounts right now with just Barbie faces, Barbie stickers, and the name Barbie. While there are products with only Barbie graphics, buying a font and receiving such comments doesn't seem logical. Everyone is currently using the same tags, and my tags are unique. Besides, Etsy doesn't allow illegal activities. Product images don't pass approval, resulting in product deactivation.

The process is extremely draining, and I just want to focus on the issue. Thank you very much for the information, as I am learning new things every day. I will make adjustments accordingly.

0 Likes

The Mattel Toy Company has trademarked its BARBIE name in this stylized font, which prevents competitors from using the same or similar typeface for toys. DISNEY (in a stylized trademark font) is a famous registered trademark that includes an original font.

1 Like

Yes, I see Disney fonts a lot too. This is a strange situation. But I don't want to take the wrong action. Thank you very much for informing me. ♥ There may be a big problem in the future.

1 Like

Yes, I did the calculation. Comments continue to arrive, but the Dashboard is not updated.
I have been communicating with Etsy Support for a long time about this issue. They told me that I should wait and write to the forum. But I learned different things in the forum
Thank you so much for your help and kindness ♥

1 Like
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

You have 3 reviews from Oct, which no longer count for SS.  Your overall review count may be 17, but only 14 of those are in the current SS period and one of them is a 1 star.  13 x 5 stars, plus 1 x 1 star equals 66/70 or 94.3%.  It can take a day or two after a review is left before it registers for SS, try again tomorrow.  

0 Likes

Wow thank you so much.. 
From now on I will use the forum for my problems. :))

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.