Spam

Hi! Got this alongside an orange circle with the word "Etsy" in it.

Marianne

Hello, my name is Marianne

* First time reaching out (This was in a blue hyperlink)

Suspect this is spam or am I wrong?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Spam

Is that all the message said?  Probably someone who will offer to "help" you with your shop and then try to sell you some SEO service or some such. OR it could be the beginnings of a scam where they will ask for your financial info (while posing as Etsy).

You said you "got" this. "Got it" where? messages? email? If it is really from Etsy it will NOT come as a "message in your message window--it will be on your dashboard in your messages  in the "from Etsy" folder on the left. (In a browser). I understand this does nor show in the app  (unless they have VERY recently added it).

I would just toss it in your spam folder. (Which you will also need a browser for)

2 Likes

Got it in Messages and that's all the message said.

Thanks PurplePuppy into the spam folder it goes.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

That's a message from a buyer. 

Etsy users can set their avatar to any image they like. Scammers will put the Etsy logo as their avatar - it doesn't meant the message is from Etsy necessarily. That message is probably a prelude to a scam but if you are not sure you can reply - 'Hi, how can I help you?', but be aware that engaging with them may encourage further messages. Scam messages should be marked as SPAM.

Only genuine messages from Etsy will appear in the 'from Etsy' folder section in the message inbox. Check using a browser/website (I don't think this folder appears in the App). These messages will also have additional badge which says 'From Etsy' with a tiny shield icon - when you hover over the icon it says 'verified message from Etsy staff'.

1 Like

Thanks, Amaradorn!

0 Likes

I have had a few like this, they are waiting for you to reply.  Sometimes when you go to reply the account is already gone and if not it will probably turn out to be spam of some sort offering a service to "improve" or "buy" your shop. 

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Just remember that, for Star Seller purposes, you do need to either respond within 24 hours or send it to Spam.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info OneEyeCatStudio, didn't know this.

1 Like
Jewlarify
Inspiration Seeker

I got the same message. Going to spam!!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.