Spam Messages Affecting Star Seller Status

Last night, I noticed my message response percentage rate was way down from what it normally was. So I went to check and see what was going on. It said I didn't respond to 3 messages within the 24 hour window. Which is correct, BUT 2 out of those 3 messages were put in my SPAM folder and I didn't even know they were there. I had to manually put them in my inbox and respond to them. I even said in my responses that I was sorry that I was just responding- I was just now seeing them bc Etsy was doing weird stuff with my messages. And they are counting against me. I spoke with star seller support and they said that spam messages are not supposed to affect our status at all- even if we move them to inbox and respond. But that is just not correct bc those 2 messages are counting against me- you can see it. This is a huge huge issue. I work my tail off and make SURE to respond (most of the time right away) bc I know how important this is. Hoping this gets sorted out before May 1st bc this just isn't right. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
7 Replies

Re: Spam Messages Affecting Star Seller Status

I had to manually put them in my inbox and respond to them.

Etsy's supposed to be fixing this, but in the meantime, you can respond from the spam folder. You don't have to move anything out of it.

1 Like

Oh good! Thank you for letting me know. I really didn't mind that, honestly. I just don't need it affect my SS Status, ya know? Super worried about that.

2 Likes

I am having the same problem. Hoping they fix this before May 1!

2 Likes

Friend, me too! This has stressed me so so bad!

0 Likes

I did the same thing with 2 messages that they sent to spam w/o knowing it would impact my star rating.  Hopefully they fix it!

0 Likes
zilvera
Crafty Poster

My shop is virtually invisible in search, I hardly sell anything. But in the meanwhile my shop is getting a growing number of spammers' views. I mark the spam messages as "spam" but I was not aware it could affect my seller rating.

Hopefully Etsy fixes it.

Are successful shops getting same problem, I wonder?

1 Like

I would be interested to know this, too. My problem is they marked messages as spam that weren't! Sounds like it's all a mess!

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.