Something Up with Etsy? No views or visits since 2pm? Never had that happen before.

Just wondering if I missed something.  I still seem to be indexed and I've never had this happen before except once when I accidentally got deindexed.  It is like the lights went out at 2 pm and no orders all day.  Definitely never had that happen in the last 6 years.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
13 Replies

Re: Something Up with Etsy? No views or visits since 2pm? Never had that happen before.

I don't know but I do know i looked at an item in my shop that said it had 3 favorites and they do not show up in my recent activity. Hope someone else will know and be able to help you.

1 Like
DOKOcreations
Conversation Maker

Re: Something Up with Etsy? No views or visits since 2pm? Never had that happen before.

@TheVelvetPrincess This happens when the person who favorites your item has their profile set up to keep their favorites private. That favorite will show up in your stats, but not in your recent activity.

2 Likes

My shop certainly seems to have times like that and then suddenly the lights come on again and sales restart! No idea why either....

4 Likes

@TheBadgePatch  :  Etsy statistics can be unreliable, if you have Google analytics attached to your shop that will provide you with more usable information. Etsy is always testing and sometimes shops get caught up in the negative effects of that. Personalized search has been playing havoc for us when we want to find something specific and the results include things that, to us, are absolutely unrelated and that may be affecting you as a seller. But we have to remember that the algorithm knows better than you do what you really want.

1 Like

Yes, this also happened to me today to the point I checked to make sure I was indexed.  Super low views and visits today, and of course, ha ha, no sales.  It seems to be pretty unreliable.

1 Like

How do you check to see if your indexed?

1 Like

@HabitudePaperCo 
Go to your shop as a buyer would, and, in the search bar, search for a word from any of your titles. If items show up, you're indexed. If no items show up, you are not indexed.

In your shop, I searched for "Mix," and two items showed up. So your shop is indexed.

2 Likes

Today is the first day I have had 0 sales on Etsy in years

Something is definitely off for me as well, so you arent the only one

3 Likes

Yeah I had 1 sale today and weekends are usually booming for me. Pretty scary I must say!

2 Likes

@HabitudePaperCo   To see if you are indexed, go to your shop and enter the name of one of your products,“literary sticker” in the search line near the top.  If it comes up, you are indexed.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

You appear to be indexed.

Sometimes the stats aren't up to date.

If you've had a lot of orders over the previous few days Etsy may have decided to show your items less in the search results. This is called 'frequency capping'. It's their 'wonderful idea' to spread out the orders and allow more sellers to get a 'piece of the pie'. Once thought to be a 'conspiracy theory' - it is now mentioned in the handbook. To avoid this having an effect on your shop you need to be promoting off Etsy to drive your own traffic to your listings.

4 Likes

Oh thank you so much @amaradorn this is something that has puzzled me before, I never realised it was actually a thing! I have had listings that were selling really well and then boom, it’s as if they disappeared! Thank you for the explanation.

0 Likes

It’s happening again today…..late in the evening, I have just one view today.  I think it’s a record for this late in the day.  Better tomorrow!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.