TheKiltedKnitter
Conversation Maker

Sold out item was renewed but not by me - then sold again

This is so frustrating. Less than 12 hours ago I went to listings and set all my listings for manual renewal. Then this morning I sold a small book which I had only one copy of. Less than two hours later it sold again. How could this happen? Firstly, all items were set for manual renewal and secondly, I had the quantity of that book set at 1. I've now had to cancel the second order and hope the buyer doesn't leave a low review. The finance tab indicates that the book was auto renewed after it had sold out - How often do I have to reset to manual review and why was my set quantity disregarded?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
4 Replies

Re: Sold out item was renewed but not by me - then sold again

I see you have over 1400 items listed. Do you think perhaps you just missed that one when you reset to manual?

The reason I ask is I only have  a little less than 200 items and I sometimes will miss one  when I renew expired . Then it sometimes will go the entire 4 months and whoops! autorenews! I find it easy to miss some.

1 Like
TheKiltedKnitter
Conversation Maker

Yes, I did consider that. But as I mentioned. I had set all active listings (which this one was, before it sold) as a group to manual renewal. And it had a quantity of 1 so it should not have renewed once it sold out, even if it was on auto-renewal (which it wasn't).

1 Like
GoodNiteGracie
Conversation Maker

This happened to me also, a few months ago. I sold a vase and a few hours later I sold the same vase to someone else. I know there was only one listed because I made only one. It should not have renewed. I cancelled, apologized and refunded the 2nd buyer. Unfortunately, the 1st purchase was from an OSA, so the fees were higher! 

0 Likes

I just had this happen to me for the first time. A pair of earrings that I can no longer get the charms for just resold, not sure how it popped up for sale after selling my last pair recently. Now I have to disappoint a customer and let them know they are no longer available. I will be rechecking my entire online inventory now.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.