I was unable to "renew" a Sold listing but when I clicked "edit"

the option to renew worked.  I see there's many posts today

that are similar to mine.

Re: Site Issue? Unable to Renew Sold Listing

@SeasideRoseCreations  That tells me the issue is with the Listings Manager page and the bulk-edit options.

Try this (I just did) - view your listing in your shop - the edit options over the main pic seems to be working - I was just able to deactivate an item that way.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

@PillowDetails 

It's an expired listing.  I was "cleaning house" and getting rid of dead wood.

So, I can't try your workaround, but thank you!

3 Likes

As I expected, to re-activate my listing, I was not able to do it by checking the little box and hitting "activate"

But clicking on the listing to open in edit mode, the publish button at the bottom reactivated it.

0 Likes

Same... there's a few threads about this. But Etsy hasn't said anything yet.. they need to fix it! I need to renew some of my listings. 

4 Likes

I was just coming here to see if anyone had heard from Etsy.  I guess not.  The work arounds are cumbersome.  

Sigh.  

0 Likes

@lovedeanjax

I'm unable to renew my expired listings today! Etsy's tech team needs to get this fixed!

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

According to Etsystatus they have no knowledge of this problem.  I didn't see any mention in the Announcement either.  Odd that for a couple days this has been going on and Etsy isn't aware.  I don't get it. Who do we report it to? 

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@SugarTaffySoap 

By this time, Etsy is aware it is affecting many people.  They should be reporting to us via Announcement (perhaps on top of Tech. Issues).

*If you want to Contact them personally, I would try: Shop Manager Dashboard > (Left Column) Community & Help > Contact.  
Choose fr. the drop down menu which best describes your problem.  If nothing is remotely close, choose "I still need help." You may receive an option for Email, Chat, Phone (Chat & Phone are outsourced fr. what I understand, and not always available. *Someone correct me if wrong).

(I've not contacted Etsy in a long time, but have gone through the motions to try to assist someone asking on the Forum. Along with what knowledgeable Sellers have stated).

Hope this helps you. 

2 Likes

I thought this would be fixed by now.

Etsy we're losing money on expired items we can't renew.

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

*(For anyone who has not yet see this Thread fr. @PillowDetails ). Workaround for Renewing:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Renewal-Workaround/m-p/139029293#M714184

1 Like

Same here! 

0 Likes

@PillowDetails:  Re "As I expected, to re-activate my listing, I was not able to do it by checking the little box and hitting "activate"

But clicking on the listing to open in edit mode, the publish button at the bottom reactivated it."

Do you mean that every time a seller clicks on Publish after an edit, they are paying 20 cents?  Also, to renew my listing the way you mentioned, do you mean that you need to go into the listing, scroll to the bottom, and click on Publish, or do you need to edit something before clicking on Publish?  I tried editing something and clicking on publish, and it did go through, but it is still showing the same auto renewal date, so this workaround does not seem to be working.  Perhaps I'm missing a step though.

1 Like

There is no fee for simply editing and re-publishing an active listing. The fee is when the item you are editing has expired and needs to be renewed. 

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Would be nice to see a simple announcement that an update is in progress, or whatever it is.

3 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@KenneyMencher 

Here is a link to initiate chat or email. 

3 Likes
KenneyMencher
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Likes
KenneyMencher
Inspiration Seeker

I just used Etsy's chat function and they are aware of the problem.  They probably won't fix it soon.  Sounds like a system wide issue and they asked me to chill out for a day or so.  I know how frustrating this is for me I can imagine it is for most of us.  Sometimes I get a little grouchy that Etsy makes it hard to communicate with them. They deleted the help phone line.  Here's the link to the two forms of online communication they offer.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_update_account_email-contact_selec...

1 Like

I suggested via the chat box in Etsy help that someone in the technical team add a post in the forums to let everyone know that they're currently working on the issue.  They said they would pass on the suggestion.

2 Likes

same. I can't edit prices. 

0 Likes

It's only letting me renew with a 1 count option from the 'sold' page, if i type in another, number it defaults to one and then renews. I tried diff browsers and computers with same result, been an issue for days now, I hope they fix it soon.  

1 Like

---- Since Friday July 8th ----

Cannot Bulk Edit Items... 

Cannot Delete Items...

Cannot De-activate Items...

Uh-Oh Banner Popping Up Every Time....

Cannot Contact Etsy via Help... Whoopsie!  

WHAT IN THE WORLD ETSY! 

GOOD GRIEF!   

3 Likes

---- Since Friday July 8th ----

WHAT IN THE WORLD ETSY! 

GOOD GRIEF!   

1 Like

I tried the edit option but get the same result and unable to renew through edit.  I contacted etsy via chat yesterday and got really generic responses although he said he was forwarded to their “engineering department.” He suggested I clear my cookies and that I try a different browser both of which did nothing and the same issue happened. I tried to explain that it clearly is an issue on their end. Really no resolve. This is day three or four for me that I’m unable to renew or deactivate. I suggest you do the live chat option or the option to have them call you. Maybe if more people report that way they’ll be some urgency. It’s a little hard to navigate to find how to do that but it’s under the help process and getting help as a seller

0 Likes

It's good that you got through to chat. It's ridiculous though -- maybe if they looked at the forum every once in a while, there'd be no need for mulitple sellers to try jumping through hoops to report. There are about 50 new posts about this problem.
(There are mods here today.)

1 Like
luckiepenny
Inspiration Seeker

I had been able to renew under edit, but now I can only renew an item if it just sold out.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.