Shop not updating and messages are delayed

My shop Visits are delayed for 10 hours and my messages too. Is there any test here on Etsy or the issue is only in my shop?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
25 Replies

Re: Shop not updating and messages are delayed

• My messages showing up couple of hours later that might effecting my Start Seller status that I'm trying so hard to get it for the first time. 
0 Likes

You have 24 hours to respond to the first message in a thread - so although getting a message until a couple hours later takes a bite out of that 24 hours, it won't prevent you from star seller.

I'd suggest an auto reply if you want to make sure your messages are replied to right away.

Worse case, if you miss responding to a message within 24 hours, mark it as spam to prevent it counting against you.

0 Likes
JOKOLeather
Inspiration Seeker

Same here!

0 Likes

Dashboard stats are not real time. The amount of delay between real time and what's on your dashboard varies throughout the day. It would be pretty daunting for Etsy to keep 7 million seller dashboards updated with many millions of buyer actions real time. 

Messages are usually close to real time. I have seen intermittent delays ... usually a few minutes, rarely hours but I've experience this. An issue anywhere between the sender's internet and you could be the cause.

I've also noticed that when I'm out of internet or cell range, which is pretty common for me, I am not getting notifications. When I'm back in range I get a flurry of notices. In those cases it's because my smart phone was getting no service or 1 bar, not enough for stuff to come through. When I go somewhere where I have 2 or more bars, all those pent up notifications and messages come through.

0 Likes

I'm also 10 hours behind.  But I would think as big as Etsy is they would be able to keep the stats a little bit more current than that.

0 Likes

I took a look at your store.

Very cute items. And your reviews reflect that, so pat yourself on the back.

The shipping, reviews and message response badges can be earned individually. Since you don't have any of the badges, I suspect that you aren't hitting the number of sales and/or $300 mark in a review period.

Remember that the first criteria for star seller is a minimum of 5 orders and $300 in sales during the 3-month review period.

Good luck. Again, super attractive items.

0 Likes

GlassyFields I absolutely agree with you in regards of 5 sales and $300 to get that Star Seller badge.  But also see that messages might effecting as well. In regards of minimum sales and the minimum amount is taking too long for me to reach out because my sales are very low. I have 1-3 sales per month and visits for the past few days are getting lower. Now there is still no shop visits updated 

0 Likes

No update in 11 hours from what I am seeing

0 Likes

I think it's a crock that Etsy can't update the stats at the very least every 4 hrs.  Not long ago they were real time, but like everything else - we are paying more while getting less.   I haven't had an update in 11 hrs.   WAKE UP Etsy.  This is the busy season- sellers are half your customer base!

0 Likes

I just tried to Chat with Etsy's Support and an agent keep asking me my last 4 digits of bank account, my bank card and my Tax numbers. Why so much for one simple question to answer? Maybe I should also provide my pin for my account? It's ridiculous. The agent just ignored me and left me in the chat without any response. It was so rude.

1 Like

The chat feature is something they added some time after taking away real time stats.  It is less than optimal.

0 Likes

I am also seeing a 11hr update delay in my stats today (on PC), messages seem to ping on my phone without much delay though. Cha chings this week about a 20 min delay on the app

0 Likes

Now it is 12 hours.  I think there should be some sort of badge removal for Etsy!

1 Like

they have badges? I did not think they reached any of their targets 

(also 12 hours)

0 Likes

Etsy's Chat support is a joke. Two agents just left me in the chat without any response except asking how I m doing today and to provide  my 4 digits bank account,  card number and Tax ID numbers.

0 Likes

I really do not like given any information from my account to an outsourced agent, they must find a better way to verify

1 Like

I absolutely agree with you. 

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Stats used to be in real time, but that hasn't been true since at least 2018 possibly late 2017.  When Etsy changed it, it was because they didn't want to pay for continuous filtering out of bots, etc.  Sellers complained so much that a couple of months later they changed stats again.  Views were in real time, but with bots, visits were delayed and when visits were filtered and updated every 4 or 5 hours, views were also filtered and redisplayed.  The time between the stats updates kept getting longer and longer until 18 to 24 hours was quite normal (the longest I saw was over 28 hours).

Time between updates has never been consistent, but this is the first really long delay in quite some time.

0 Likes

Seeing 4-6 hours seems normal, but have never seen it go over this, let alone 12 hours

0 Likes

No Etsy doesn't have badges.  Sellers don't really get to rate Etsy.  Double standard!  

0 Likes

Mine just went from 13 hrs to 10 hrs, surely that is not even possible you either update or you don't 

0 Likes

Same in my shop

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@CryzalisDesigns 

Would you rather wait until they  filter 13 hours worth of billions of stats and know absolutely nothing until they are done or get a progress update?  At least we know they are working on it and not just ignoring the situation.

0 Likes

Personally stats is the least of my worries as long as everything else is working fine.

I stopped believing in the accuracy of the stats a long time ago.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.