Shop Critique

Jump to solution

Hello everyone! I reopened my shop before two months and this month I am list more listings. My goal is 130 listings till the end of the month

While I am waiting for my first sale after I reopen it, can someone help with a shop critique? Thank you

*Sorry for my English 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Shop Critique

Jump to solution

Your section titles need to say exactly what you are selling.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Your section titles need to say exactly what you are selling.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you very much

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I would not put your items on sale. It looks like you are desparate for sales. And at your low price, you will never make any money

1 Like
TinTeddy
Community Maker

Jump to solution

You are selling to the EU, so you need to have a GDPR privacy policy in place - it is a legal requirement for selling to those countries.

There are no pictures of what the designs look like when they are embroidered.

I used to design embroidery files.  Not all designs work well when embroidered. There are tolerances and stuff.

So I personally would never buy a file that didn't show a stitched example. 

I appreciate that it will look different depending on fabric, thread etc - but showing an example in a common (named) thread will really help reassure visitors, imho.

A video of the design being stitched would be even better!

"All of these designs are copyright protect from "AS Emroidery Designs" and you can not resell them. "  May I suggest rewording this as  "All of these designs are copyright of" or "AS Embroidery Designs holds the copyright for all designs."?  You have spelt "Embroidery" wrong.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

When I saw you are from Albania I was excited to see unique traditional designs...

but all I see is USA stuff.

Some shoppers from the States are offended to see other countries trying to capitalize on their nationality.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

yep. Definitely.

0 Likes
FancyTogs
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Your designs look cute, there is definitely a market for them (not me, sorry, I do my own, and I am more Urban Threads style), but . . .

• do the listings include all the information for buyers to assess if the designs fulfil their needs?
  • will they perform well?

As an embroiderer myself I feel that there is a lack of information in your listings:

• No total stitches for each size.
  • No quantity of stop-starts, no quantity of thread changes.
  • No sequencing chart.
  • No thread colours and usage chart.
  • What thread size(s)?
  • No photo of the test sew outs for each size (have these been tested?).
  • No mention of fabric suitability (any pull compensation or underlay?).
  • Do you include lock stitches? and trims?

Many embroidery file sellers miss out details, but they probably also miss out on orders.

Looking at a couple of designs I see:

• lots of stop-starts: the Valentines letters, ouch I lost count at 63 on the B, couldn't all those hearts be just touching or overlapping to allow a single pass through?
  • complex fill stitch segments with mismatched fill patterns between internal sequence areas,
  • all complex fills at the same angle, possible bleed through of different colours on overlaps? (with that much fill I hope there are overlaps, because registration is going to be a nightmare due to stitch tension)
  • a travel stitch across the surface of a different colour segment (bottom of the middle gnome on the set of 3).
  • worries about minimum & maximum stitch lengths.
  • no satins over edges of fill areas, not essential but some people like it.

When digitising we all make mistakes, and we have to fight the design software. That's why we do test sew outs and make corrections.

Photos of the corrected test sew outs would really help to give buyers confidence.

What customer support do you offer?

And pricing . . . do you realise how little profit you will make at your prices after Etsy have taken all of their fees?

The fixed fees (relisting and payment processing) are significant for low priced items. You will be losing money on your lowest price sales, before even considering spending on ads or offsite ads fees.

I suggest that you stop the 50% sale, and consider doubling your prices.

Your only sale has removed the item from your shop, you have sold out. Selling out is bad for ranking, and for digital you can sell lots, so set a very big stock quantity.

Just my thoughts.

Lawrence (Clare's other half)

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you aren't a US citizen, please do not use my flag, my colors, my holidays etc to make a buck.

that's extremely offputting. I will not shop with anyone who does that. It is not yours to use.

Sell items featuring your country. Your imagery. Your themes. THAT would be different and stand out.

as it is...nope.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.