JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Shipping says "Additional Info Required" in Red Box

I have about 10 boxes to mail today to US residents. I'm in the US but when I go to print out the labels each one says "Additional Info Required" in the red box but I don't need to add any other information and all of the box and weight info disappears when I go to print off a label. I don't want to buy postage when it can come out of my Etsy account. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
21 Replies
Octopunx
Community Maker

Re: Shipping says "Additional Info Required" in Red Box

It could be looking for an adjustment to the address or possibly asking for a phone number. If you ship with FedEx or UPS they want a phone number. The weight is saved in the label system, it doesn't need to show in the label itself, that usually just shows the mail class and addresses.

0 Likes

@Octopunx

I thought Etsy Labels doesn't offer Fed Ex or UPS?

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

@AAANativeArts

They offer FedEx. At a WAY inflated cost but it's available.

UPS isn't as far as I'm aware but I don't use them so I wouldn't know about that but FedEx? Yes, they do offer it as an option.

I use my own commercial account at FedEx and receive 1/4 the rate charged by Etsy.

-Maria

0 Likes

This is a known glitch at Etsy. One of many that Etsy Labels has had. I use Pirateship, which rarely has problems, and when it does, you can reach a Tech person in 2 minutes and they can usually solve your problem in less than 5 minutes, instead of waiting days or weeks for Etsy Help to reply.

It is well worth paying your postage separate from Etsy. Not really a big deal. Transfer your money from  Etsy to your bank account, then set up Auto Pay at Pirateship for whatever amount you want, and they will automatically make a withdrawal when you need more postage. You set it up once, and then all your orders transfer to Pirateship, and when you buy the label, it automatically posts the tracking number back to etsy when you purchase a label.

Some of the postage is cheaper, too, especially foreign postage, and they also have UPS at a 70% discount that is often less than USPS charges.

2 Likes
JADEandPAIIGE
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having the same issue 

2 Likes

Us too on all of our orders...it's not recognizing our shipping profile settings.

2 Likes
JMDFabrics
Inspiration Seeker

same problem it says no services available

4 Likes
JMDFabrics
Inspiration Seeker

you will need to fill in dimensions and weight for your packages and then you can purchase the shipping.  For some reason the saved shipping settings aren't populating.

3 Likes
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

I figured out just now that when you go to the label print out page you have to manually add the box size and weight again in the boxes and the label will then be able to print out. 

2 Likes
JADEandPAIIGE
Inspiration Seeker

Yes, we can do that but I will be here for hours manually adding info unfortunately. Hopefully it is fixed fast. 

1 Like

Why is this happening when it used to auto generate based on your settings...it's happening on all of our shipments right now.

1 Like
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

They're tinkering again.

1 Like

Etsy please fix this!! I don't have time to manually enter them all to meet YOUR shipping requirements when I'm not expecting it. 61 labels

1 Like

AGREED - this is a huge problem!  Do we know what happened?  I hope it's fixed by Monday or we will be entering 150 labels manually..yikes!

1 Like

Several posts about this today.  I'm also seeing this.  No hardship for me, when I only get one or two orders at a time, but truly a hardship for those that need to buy dozens of labels.

Etsy - you aren't doing yourself any favors, and making Pirateship and other online postage sites look really good.

Don't you want our money?

FAFO = keep hobbling your Sellers with the constant tweaking and twiddling.

5 Likes

same here. all info on box weight and size is gone plus you have to hunt to see shipping selected by buyer. it automatically plugs in priority.

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

I wonder if it's a tentative glitch ...I just printed a shipping label with no problems (all fields automatically populated); however, it did state in bold red that it would arrive late.  Not sure why that would happen as I'm actually shipping 1 day early via Priority Mail ... unless AR is having major postal delivery issues, it should not arrive late! 

0 Likes
CCStitchwerx
Inspiration Seeker

This started last night for me as well. No package information is moving from the presets to the shipping label purchase page. What a pain in the butt. I will definitely be checking out pirate ship first thing Monday morning.. 

0 Likes

The same thing is happening when I print shipping labels. Tried different browsers, it happens in all of them. I'm having to fill in all the information manually for each label before I can purchase and print it. 

0 Likes

I am waiting too. Tried everything I can do. It's not our problem....Why they fix it so slow...Already Sunday night. 

0 Likes

I had this problem with International label. It populated the dimensions and weight, however I was not able to click "review" and the error Additional info needed was there. I changed the weight by 1 oz and all of a sudden the review button was activated... dunno!

Hope this helps some of you. WHAT THE HECK ETSY!!!!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.