DesisDoodads
Inspiration Seeker

Shipping rating decreased after digital sale?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can provide insight on this.  My shop is pretty new and I just got my 2nd review.  As soon as the review posted, my shipping rating dropped from 5 to 4.5, but the item purchased was a digital download and the review was a 5-star review so I can't figure out why it dropped.  Can anyone explain this?  Is it just a bug on Etsy's side?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping rating decreased after digital sale?

Jump to solution

@DesisDoodads: I think that you are looking at two different ratings. If your Star Seller still says 100% then all is good. In some cases (device dependent?) a buyer can leave not only the usual overall Star rating but also an individual sub-rating for quality, customer service, and shipping.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

Jump to solution

@DesisDoodads: "As soon as the review posted, my shipping rating dropped" Probably unrelated.

"I can't figure out why it dropped" You need to check the applicable CSV file on your Star Seller page (last review period for November star) to see what Etsy thinks is late or otherwise has something wrong with it. In particular make sure that *Had processing time?* = yes, *Ship by* has a date, *Tracking/label date* has a date, and *Shipped on time?* = yes. Remember that Star Seller dates / times are in UTC not your time zone.

0 Likes
DesisDoodads
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.  To give more context, in my star seller dashboard I have 100% on time shipping for both this review period and last review period.  It has been at 100% since I had my first sale and still is.  I double checked the CSV as you suggested and it also shows yes for on time shipping for all of my orders to date.  However, in the Etsy seller app, when I click on shop reviews, I have a 5 star rating at the top and then underneath where it has item quality, customer service, and shipping, the shipping dropped from 5 stars to 4.5.  Are digital buyers able to rate on shipping even though it's an instant download?  This is the only thing that I can think happened.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DesisDoodads: I think that you are looking at two different ratings. If your Star Seller still says 100% then all is good. In some cases (device dependent?) a buyer can leave not only the usual overall Star rating but also an individual sub-rating for quality, customer service, and shipping.

0 Likes
DesisDoodads
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Ah, ok.  Thank you.

0 Likes
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The App is full of bugs and should not be relied upon until its updated. The desktop view is more accurate

0 Likes
DesisDoodads
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Got it.  Thank you. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

All I can think of is if you are selling both physical items and digital items etsy somehow doesn't realise that the item sold was digital?

0 Likes
DesisDoodads
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yeah, that's a good point.  I do have both physical and digital items so you're probably right.  Thank you for the insight!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.