WolladeCrochet
Inspiration Seeker

Shipping and tracking section for star seller dropped but I added the tracking

Jump to solution

Hi,

I marked an order as shipped but did add the track and trace later since i did not receive this information immediately.

Now i see my chance to become a star seller dropped bij over 60 percent. But i did ship in time and added the tracking info on that same day. Is this something that will correct itself or is it mandatory to add tracking immediately when marking an order as shipped?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping and tracking section for star seller dropped but I added the tracking

Jump to solution

If you ship on time, and mark as complete, you have to put the tracking number in then.

if you wait, etsy sees it as without tracking, so it fails,

If you put the tracking number in later, it still has to be int he shipping time, and etsy will then adjust

but - if you mark it as complete before end of month, but do not enter tracking after the end of month calculation, then etsy hasn't seen it, all they see it is shipped without tracking

View solution in original post

1 Like
10 Replies

Re: Shipping and tracking section for star seller dropped but I added the tracking

Jump to solution

when manually adding a tracking number, make sure that there are no leading or trailing spaces or other extraneous characters. 

when updating something on Etsy, there can be a time lag between your update and when Etsy shows the results. In star seller, sometimes the time lag can be days.

You can verify what you are getting credit for and dinged for by downloading the star seller csc and checking the specific order.

Good luck.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@WolladeCrochet: How long ago did you ship? Does the actual order show as at least "in transit"? Has the package been scanned? Sometimes a tracking number cannot be validated until after the first scan is publicly available. Our experience is that a day or two after the package has been scanned the CSV file correctly shows tracking and shipment status and the stats auto update.

A order still in "pre transit" usually means that the tracking information AS ENTERED has not been or cannot be validated. What happens if you click on the tracking number link on the order?

If the shipping company is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order.

An unsupported shipping company or invalid / unverified tracking number equals shipped without tracking.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you ship on time, and mark as complete, you have to put the tracking number in then.

if you wait, etsy sees it as without tracking, so it fails,

If you put the tracking number in later, it still has to be int he shipping time, and etsy will then adjust

but - if you mark it as complete before end of month, but do not enter tracking after the end of month calculation, then etsy hasn't seen it, all they see it is shipped without tracking

1 Like
WolladeCrochet
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

yeah the link does not redirect me to something. but the shipment i sent before this one also doesn't. I think I'll you have to wait then, thanks!

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Did you know?  Tracking #'s are automatically added for you when purchasing labels from Etsy or Pirate Ship ... I love that ... no worries about accidentally entering a wrong or missing #.  This trick is a huge Star Seller saver!  (of course you are free to purchase your labels anywhere you want to)

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TBQSC 

The OP is from the Netherlands, and like huge numbers of countries, doesn't have etsy labels

Etsy only provides labels for 4 countries,

and even in the UK, they don't offer the tracking options

If you won't pay the megabuck for signed as well, or next day delivery, you have to buy tracking labels from Royal mail click and drop, not from Etsy

honestly, etsy does not have the 24/48 tracked for local, or the tracked for USA etc

you can buy non-tracked on etsy though

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids  "honestly, etsy does not have the 24/48 tracked for local, or the tracked for USA etc ... you can buy non-tracked on etsy though"

I completely understand certain areas do not have Etsy labels available to them; it's a shame they don't because ALL Etsy labels DO have tracking automatically added to them, free of charge.  I can track my packages every move ... not one of them has ever sat "in transit".  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TBQSC 

in the UK, etsy does NOT have the tracking options to buy

they do not have 24 tracked, or 48 tracked

or tracked, to places to USA,

you canNOT buy them from Etsy,

you can buy the untracked options

If you want tracking, you have to buy them from Royal Mail click and drop, not from etsy

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here....some of the parcels tracking shows pre transit, and it lowers my star seller rate. i can track it, but sometimes it seems Etsy can't...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DejaVuGouda: What happens if you click on the tracking number link on the actual order? If it opens the courier's tracking page and shows the scan history then you have proof that the tracking information was entered correctly. In that case you should pursue it - while Etsy will not manually adjust Star Seller stats they can, in some cases, fix the underlying data and then the Star Seller stats will auto update (but not retroactively).

If that does not work make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.