RAKCD
Inspiration Seeker

Selling - Hi, I'm new to Etsy and I am having trouble listing Music CD's. I managed to list 50 so.

Now when I try to list another the program ask who my partner is? I don't have a partner! How do I resolve this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated since I can't find a way to get to a live person at Etsy. Need help with that issue also.

Thanks,  

Richard

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Re: Selling - Hi, I'm new to Etsy and I am having trouble listing Music CD's. I managed to list 50 s

are they vintage/ 20 years old. If not then how you are ltrying to list may bring up the partner thing, as they would not be allowed.

0 Likes
FeltFunky
Conversation Maker

Re: Selling - Hi, I'm new to Etsy and I am having trouble listing Music CD's. I managed to list 50 s

Are you trying to list them as vintage, handmade or supply?

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

You are running into that problem because what you are listing is not at least 20 yrs old.

0 Likes

Sounds like you chose handmade instead of vintage. Or it automatically chose that if the date was too new. Remember, if it's a newer CD (under 20 years old), it can't be sold here. 

0 Likes

Hmm. You are listing these CDs as vintage which means they have to be 20+ years old i.e. pre-1984. That doesn't mean the performance, but the CD itself. And if the CD is still in production, it's not vintage. I noted for example that you have some Sony 'Greatest Hits' dating from the 1990s; the Bob Marley 'Legend' album is still in the catalogue. And the Hausmusic Beethoven String quintet CD came out in 2012. You may wish to review the status of the many CDs you have listed in order to stay within Etsy's rules.

benbut many of them 

3 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Your date is 40 years not 20, pre 2004 would be 20. 

5 Likes

I know we like to think 20 years ago was the 80's (at least I do), but they need to be pre-2004, not pre-1984.

6 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

you can clearly see.

the Hausmusic Beethoven String Quintet CD is from 1993.

so it could not have first come out in 2012.

it says so on the cd itself.

and whether things are still in a current catalog has nothing to do with if an item is vintage or not.

he is showing the dates from the back of the cd cases.

and the cds themselves.

3 Likes

Oops my bad! Brainfog in the counting department. Nonetheless I don't think that a historic recording which is still in the catalogue can be be counted as vintage. For example Billie Holiday recordings are undoubtedly vintage but a complilation CD dating from 2008 is not. Note, the date on the disc normally indicates the recording date not necessarily the date of issue, re-mastering, re-issue, or compilation. I just think the OP needs to be a bit careful!

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

if the actual item is 20 years old or older.

it is vintage.

there is no gray area for what vintage is on etsy.

1 Like

You made me feel much younger for a minute there, LOL.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.