Seller is using my photos

I sell personalized baby quilts and my photos include my custom hangtags.  A seller is using them to sell her blankets.  I sent her a professionally worded message requesting that she take down my photos.  She messaged me back that they are her photos and when I mentioned that they clearly have my hangtags on them she replied that I need to stop contacting her.  They are still featured in her shop.  Since my store name is not trademarked Etsy has responded that they can not assist me.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
nineteen27
Community Maker

Re: Seller is using my photos

https://www.etsy.com/ipreporting

report copyright infringement for your photos there.

do not contact her again.

and always file a DMCA take-down notice.

8 Likes

Agree with above response. 

0 Likes

I went to your shop and viewed all of your images. Only two of them had identifiable tags. So I did a Google image search and found 1 match that is on Etsy. That listing is no longer active. So it appears the offender must have removed it.

As for contacting Etsy to complain, I would venture to guess that most of these people that respond to stuff like that don't have a clue about what to tell you. So don't waste your time. You do not have to have a registered mark to issue a DMCA take down notice. When Etsy receives that the law requires that they have to take that listing down and give the offender X number of days to file a rebuttal. If they are guilty, I doubt you ever see anything else about it. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.