POLLYalaMODE
Inspiration Seeker

Seller Help Please ORDERS NOT PROCESSING

There’s a technical issue with my shop. Buyers are not able to process their credit cards. They have contacted Etsy Support and are told to try a different card (they did) or try their desktop instead of the app. That does not work either. I have contacted support twice and both times was told it’s all working fine and to have the Buyer contact support. I’m in a vicious circle at this point with Buyers and me, the Seller, contacting support with ZERO resolution and orders still not processing. Can someone PLEASE direct me to someone in Tech Support who can help??

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies

Re: Seller Help Please ORDERS NOT PROCESSING

I can add your items to my cart and get through the checkout process just fine. 

I don't believe these are true buyers. I have a feeling they are trying to convince you there is a problem so that you'll go offsite. 

Please tell them that they need to contact support themselves to see what the issue is. 

3 Likes
POLLYalaMODE
Inspiration Seeker

I appreciate you checking but it’s my family and friends who have tried to make the purchases. They get an error: 

Oh dear. There was a problem submitting your order. Please give it another shot.

If you continue to have problems, please contact support. They have items in the cart but their credit cards will not process. 

2 Likes

If they share an IP address as you, like if they are right next to you (you say you tried on your husband's app, which I would assume he is sharing your IP), then they may not be able to purchase because Etsy believes it is an attempt at shilling. 

6 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@POLLYalaMODE  Your check out process is working. Someone is trying to scam you.

2 Likes
POLLYalaMODE
Inspiration Seeker

These are my family members and friends. I even tried on my hubby’s app. Items in cart, enter credit card and the error comes up. It 100 percent will not let the payments go through. 

1 Like
POLLYalaMODE
Inspiration Seeker

UPDATE: After the two replies I tried to make a purchase through my husbands account and the sale WILL NOT PROCESS. I keep getting the same error: 

Oh dear. There was a problem submitting your order. Please give it another shot. If you continue to have problems, please contact support. 

1 Like

self edited

0 Likes

You can't buy from yourself? If my husband tried to buy from my shop on our computer I don't think it would go through? It is to prevent shilling.

4 Likes

It's not an issue with your shop. It's you, or someone close to you, trying to buy from your shop that is the problem. Strangers can buy from you, but your husband can not. It's to protect the integrity of the site and keep people from buying from themselves to manipulate sales numbers and reviews. 

5 Likes
POLLYalaMODE
Inspiration Seeker

Trying my husband’s acct was just one example. I didn’t realize about the IP address so I did learn something new. However the other buyers are not in my town. They live in other towns. A friend who lives on the other side of the state has tried multiple times. When she hits the Place Order button she gets the error message. Entering the credit card info or adding items to the cart is not the problem. It’s trying to make the final purchase. I sure appreciate you trouble shooting this with me as you have been much more helpful so far than Etsy Support has been to my buyers who reached out to them and also me who has also contacted them. 

1 Like

Yes, support isn't always known for being that knowledgeable or helpful at times. 

It would actually be better if the people that can not make the purchases contact Etsy, not you. They tend to be a lot more helpful to buyers than they are sellers. 

1 Like
POLLYalaMODE
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks for the reply two of them have contacted support and Support did not resolve the problem. They were told to try a different credit card which they did. When they hit the Place Order button they got the same error code. They were told to try it from a desktop which they did. The same error code when they hit the Place Order button. Support then told them they have bad credit cards that are declining, their credit cards aren’t bad and had not declined on other websites. That’s where I’m at, no sales in my shop and I can’t help but suspect it has something to do with the error code when the buyers hit the Place Order button. I sure appreciate your replies. 

1 Like

I am willing to make a $6.00 purchase if you are willing to refund as I have no use for what I would be buying.

Just willing to test it for you.

0 Likes
POLLYalaMODE
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks so much Hazel for giving it shot!

0 Likes

You definitely have a problem - it would not send my order thru.

I am in NC so it's definitely not an IP problem.

I did not contact support as I have committments to meet this morning.....lol

1 Like
POLLYalaMODE
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks so very much Hazel. I appreciate you troubleshooting for me. No worries about contacting support. Two buyers already did with zero results. Thanks again!!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.