Scheduled Deposit Changed By A Week

Our deposit date changed from "Scheduled for Mar 13" to "Scheduled for Mar 20", with no deposit today and no eMail from Etsy explaining why a week's delay instead of the "few business days" as per the Etsy announcement on Saturday.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
71 Replies
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Re: Scheduled Deposit Changed By A Week

Not to be nitpicking, but 5 is a few business days. Add next weekend, and you have a week.

2 is a couple, 3, 4 and 5 is a few, 6 to 9 is several.

3 Likes

That's a ridiculous thing to say when some people rely on this money. There was no communication from Etsy about moving the date back a WEEK. Not a few days, but a week. Thankfully this is not my only income, but for so many it is.

20 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

It may be ridiculous to you, but it is accurate, and in no way demeans those who are counting on this money.

5 Likes

It's an opinion, you can have yours. A week is not a few days, added in weekend or not. 

3 Likes

I agree with others who say 5 days is not generally understood to be a few, and 5 plus 2 is DEFINITELY not "a few." 

It's a week. 

Commonly people call 5-7 days "about a week."

Etsy misrepresented the amount of time it will take to work this out

7 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

0 Likes

"Not to be nitpicking..." 

Commences nitpicking when people have legit reason to freak out.

According to Marquette University on the subject "A couple was 2. A few was 3 to 4. Several was considered a vague term with 4 to 8 being the accepted meaning."

Not to be nit picky or anything.
8 Likes

March 13 to March 20th is 1 week

1 Like

What I dont understand... why are only certain sellers affected? and why aren't they updating the situation? Many of us, if not all, rely on this as a sole income or even to pay bills that our regular jobs can't cover. Also we have customers purchasing and paying and yet our funds are being held up! Sorry but like many, im very frustrated right now

0 Likes

Ours got pushed out to 3/20/23 as well with no explanation.  We did not get an email saying we were a part of the delay with the bank closure.  

8 Likes
AniBabee
Crafty Poster

Mine was also pushed out by a week. No explanation, no email. How is this acceptable? I did phone etsy to voice my concerns and I was given a blanket response of “we’re aware of the situation and we’re working on it. “ But no definitive date as to when sellers might expect their money to be deposited.I did change my deposit to daily instead of weekly. I’d rather they not hold onto my money if this is the results I can expect. 

5 Likes

@ThePurplePuppy explains here that the date change is the first step in Etsy's normal payout procedure.  Change of date is normal on payout day, nothing unusual. 

3 Likes

It absolutely is unusual, especially for so many of us to notice. I am west coast and normally by 10am my payout says $0 because it's being sent to my bank. All money is still there and the date is now the 20th. We will see what happens.

4 Likes

@FallenAngelBrass: We have experienced having the date change to the "next day" but not a week's jump.

3 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

0 Likes

@BagmakerSupply 

It is jumping a week if you get weekly payouts. I have heard of no one scheduled for daily payouts having theirs jump a week. Are you scheduled for daily and it jumped a week? If so then there probably is reason to be concerned but legally Etsy cannot just keep our money.

3 Likes

I've never had a deposit date changed to a week in the future without the funds owed to me first being deposited in my bank. 

This is unusual. 

Etsy is holding our money for an extra week due to the bank they decided to use to keep our funds failing. Etsy did not properly insure our funds. 

4 Likes

@ThePurplePuppy: Thank you for the update on the procedure - a lot of people should find it useful and comforting if they actually read it. We have been on Etsy long enough to become familiar with the idiosyncrasies of how they do things and how misleading and confusing their procedures and messages can be.

1 Like

@BagmakerSupply 

Yes, mine transferred just as I said it would. 

I have been here since 2008 and I think Etsy Payments started about 2013 and that is the way it has always worked.

First the date change

Then the notice in your payment account

Then the email

I think the biggest problem was most people have never noticed the date change as they are not constantly looking for the deposit--but today most everyone was sitting there look look looking so they noticed it for the first time and then panicked.

I wanted so bad to say

"patience, Grasshopper" but  no idea how many are familiar with that old TV show! LOL

2 Likes
Suniq
Crafty Poster

Mine just changed to '' Scheduled for March 14'' tomorrow

2 Likes
RusticNorthNH
Inspiration Seeker

Same here, I have my deposits set to daily. I normally get a notification by 2pm everyday that my deposit is made, I haven't received one yet today. Checked my Etsy shop and it did move to tomorrow.

I also received the email on Friday about SVB.

3 Likes

Give it a couple more hours before panicking.  The way the process works is the date changes FIRST--then the transfer begins (Your money will zero out and the text will say "your funds are being transferred" and then you will get the email.

Thank you @FallenAngelBrass 

2 Likes

It's odd that all of us are noticing this new behavior.  I check mine daily and it will always show tomorrow's date as the next payout after I have been paid on the day I am checking.

Yesterday, it listed an amount available for deposit scheduled for March 13.  This afternoon, it is showing that same amount scheduled for tomorrow.

If Etsy didn't have a history of doing things without telling us, only discussing it with us once we start asking, maybe we wouldn't be concerned.

And I am still annoyed that they have forced us all into their own Etsy Payments, not allowing us to use another payment processor and now we are having to deal with this. 

2 Likes

Etsy is my only income, can I wait a week to be paid, yes but it troubles me there is no communication from Etsy about this.

11 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.