EntoPrints
Inspiration Seeker

Schedule listings?

Does anyone know of a way to schedule draft listings to be published at a certain time? I'd like to be able to create a bunch of draft listings ahead of time, and then have them get auto-published on a schedule that I set.

I'm thinking of building this if it doesn't exist, curious if anyone else wants this too!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Schedule listings?

@EntoPrints: Not possible, but we definitely would love to see this functionality. Currently we just keep them in draft with a tickler system to remind us to publish them.

2 Likes

Why would you want to.  If you ship globally and even if you don't there is always someone waiting to see new items being posted,  THose following your shop will get the updates.

I have no use for such a tool. 

1 Like
EntoPrints
Inspiration Seeker

Some people say that publishing listings regularly helps increase traffic. That's where the desire comes from for me.

Right now I just create a bunch of drafts and then try to remember to log in every day and publish one.

1 Like
LylasBeadworks
Inspiration Seeker

I am looking for a way to, as I am planning to release a bunch of listings at the same time! I can do it manually, but it would be much more convenient to have them auto-list.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

I list whenever it’s ready . You can’t sell if you don’t list

3 Likes

Interesting.  I'm not sure that it's better to spread the listings out or simply list as you go. 

0 Likes

Posting on a schedule would be great. During the slow months I tend to design 100's of variations of my best sellers, and would love to publish them on a schedule every week or so, via somewhat automated methods.

Not sure why earlier comments knock this idea down so fast, just because it doesn't apply to their use case?

3 Likes

As@PrevntProducts mentions, sometimes it is good to spread things out. Don't know if Etsy still shows new items from shops you have favorited (we have not seen any notifications for ages) but I think that for some shops one notification per day was a better way to keep their shop on the favoriter's mind than 30 notifications all at once and then nothing for a month.

0 Likes
SparkBirdStudios
Inspiration Seeker

Yes, scheduled listings would be an immensely useful feature.

(edited to correct my sorry grammar)

1 Like
NadiyaPankovaArt
Inspiration Seeker

This would certainly be very helpful for those posting from the opposite hemisphere. I've been studying a way to not have to get up at 2am to post a listing and have it seen in the usa for a long time.

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

I do not need this feature, however there are sellers with a large social media following that promote their new items prior to listing and then list all at the same time and have a huge feeding frenzy and sell all their new items in a very short period of time and they would love this ability.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.