SportyHair
Inspiration Seeker

Says tracking information for order is missing, but it's not

I ship 100% on time but my Star Seller status shows one order missing its tracking information. But if I open the order, the tracking information is right there where it should be, and the order is marked complete. This technical error is dragging down my stats; what do I do?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
9 Replies

Re: Says tracking information for order is missing, but it's not

it's ships on time with tracking, that is recognised through aftership

if you open the csv, you will see which parameter etsy thinks is missing

0 Likes

There is an on-going issue where some orders show as shipped without tracking despite the order being sent on time with valid, Etsy-accepted tracking that shows movement and can be viewed using Aftership.

I have been battling this issue since February!  I lost my star in March due to it but got it back in April by staying on top of the report and contacting support via chat to request manual updates for affected orders.  It's a headache, why can't they get this fixed?!

Even worse though is that at first support was quite quick to manually update the problem orders but I just contacted them today and was told it may take a few days to go through, sorry blah blah, the technical team is working on it... thanks for your patience...etc.  To be honest I have the feeling they won't bother to update the orders, they just wanted to get me off the chat.  We'll see in a few days.

2 Likes

I have an order with a red "Ship by 2 days ago" that I DID ship on the 19th. There's the tracking, plain as day.

I contacted support by chat yesterday, they said they're "working on it" but have had no feedback or emails.

When I check via the UPS site tracking shows that it was on its way out of state yesterday (4/20).

It's SO stupid, on my orders & shipping page here on etsy the lines are (in red) Ship by 2 days ago, then under that, Ordered Apr 16, 2024, under that is the tracking number and under that is "Shipped on April 19". So, what the...etsy?

I'm ok with the Star Seller issue this will present, my shop is experiencing the lights on/lights off syndrome anyway,  based on reports I doubt if they'll actually fix it, but how can you show an order is completed and shipped and at the same time it's showing late/not shipped? This is obviously an etsy error. The order is very clearly completed and shipped and it's still showing in my "New" orders section and not showing in the completed orders section.

The thorn in my side is that etsy causes the problem and then punishes the sellers. Even with support saying they're aware of it, you lose your "status" within the perimeters of their requirements.

It just boggles the mind.

ETA this was one of those orders that was showing to ship by 4/22 (ordered on 4/16) but then when I was finally able to add tracking (that was during the glitch-a-thon going on the other day) the ship by date changed to "Ship today" and there's no way I could do that, this is an etsy programming situation.

1 Like

I'm doing a dueling posting on another thread with this but wanted to add it here, also:

Just out of curiosity I thought that I'd click on "Complete order" again to see what's going on.

It's saying, "This order doesn't have tracking," when there very clearly has the tracking number entered on the order page.

Ok, this is in real time, let's see what happens next....

I put the tracking number in AGAIN...

"Complete order" button opens up, AGAIN...

I click on it...

I swear, you can't make this up, In red I have this message:

"The tracking number is already in use for this order."

Yet when I go back to my "Orders &Shipping" page it's still showing OVERDUE and that I was supposed to Ship by 2 days ago.

1 Like

I'm in the Twilight Zone

0 Likes

I'm still going through this and have been back and forth with support but getting no help.  I'm about to lose my star seller badge but that isn't even my biggest concern.  Orders considered as sent without tracking aren't eligible for seller protection.  So where does that leave me in case of a dispute with a buyer??? Will a confirmation from support saying that yes they know full well that there is a problem that is causing some
of my orders that were sent ON TIME and with VALID confirmed tracking to be considered as sent without tracking help me if a buyer opens a case for non or late delivery?  I won't even have time to provide proof, right?  And I'll have to waste time chasing it up to get any refunds issued out of MY funds covered by Etsy?
Support also said they prioritize theses issues based on how much the issue may impact buyers.  Therefore I suspect that the problem won't be dealt with soon if ever. 

@cindylouwho2 Are you receiving many reports about this?  Any thoughts on what I and other affected sellers can do? I tried to get the mod dedicated to French sellers to help but unfortunately support told her there is no problem... you just can't make this stuff up!!!  About to lose my marbles here.

3 Likes

@Frapperie no, I am not getting tons of reports; just a few.

I assume more will show up tomorrow when people don't get their Star Seller badges, though. 

As for seller protection, you will likely lose any cases initially, but should be able to get Etsy to refund you since you have proof it was tracked. I realize "should" is not very comforting now, though.

1 Like

@cindylouwho2 

Thanks Cindy.  I was wondering if the issue might stem from changes Etsy made to the shipping profiles for France?They've tweaked ours to remove "other" as well as to make some changes to some of the  available options.  Any chance the other sellers reporting this issue have also seen changes to their shipping profiles? 

1 Like

@Frapperie I haven't been able to figure out any commonalities in the few I have seen, but I will keep that possibility in mind. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.