It appears as though SVG has been shadowbanned. Any ideas why?

Re: SVG phrases not auto-populating in the search bar

@VibeEnvy ooh, thanks for that one exception! 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
PricklyPrint
Inspiration Seeker

I contacted Etsy support on this also - I think a few people have stated SVG results are showing however, the issue is not with the results, but that it is no longer populating phrases. 

Very frustrating for many reasons. 

I contacted support, I would suggest that you do too as it may speed things along. 

They have advised that it’s “hot topic” at the moment and have forwarded the issue into their engineers to look into. 

0 Likes
VibeEnvy
Conversation Maker

Etsy has been cracking down on copyright, a lot of people have reported issues with SVG files getting removed, often subsequently reinstated because they were removed in error. I checked the Tess Search and there are numerous Live Copyright filings for the word SVG as well as one i believe was "SVG Craft Files" so this may be related to issues related to their new policy violation sweeps pre-emptively taking things down that may be infringing. I did not look into the extent of any of the copyrights, their categories or anything like that but just saw there's a lot and seemed like a possible connection to the ongoing issues.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.