FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

STAR SELLER SHOWS LATE SHIPPING--ORDER SHIPPED THE SAME DAY

Jump to solution

My status shows I am at 88% with shipping because I shipped one order late, but the order it indicates was shipped the same day it was ordered (and says so in my order listings), with etsy shipping labels and tracking, and was delivered 4 days later.  Order is from 9/23.

?????????????????????????????????? (I'm putting it here because that's what the Help for Sellers said to do)

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: STAR SELLER SHOWS LATE SHIPPING--ORDER SHIPPED THE SAME DAY

Jump to solution

Hello @FeltWithAHeart,

We've double-checked the order that is affecting your Star Seller and it appears that the listing doesn't have a processing time setup. Our engineering partners are currently aware of an issue where some Orders do not have processing time added. We've added your report to the ongoing investigation so the team can take a deeper look into what's going on. At this time, we do not have a timeframe for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize issues by the impact on our marketplace

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Maybe you should start your own thread timetosparkleUK, trying to get assistance on an old thread will only result it having it closed down without your questions being answered 

And there are only sellers here, you will have to contact Etsy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
22 Replies

Jump to solution

When that’s happened to me, it’s usually because I transposed a number and it’s still showing  ‘in transit.’  I was burned a couple of times with this, so now I always double check. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

How are you shipping? If you use Etsy labels or another of the big shipping providers (like Pirateship) there should be integrations that submit the tracking information automatically -- so no possibility of typing errors.

1 Like
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Redpeonycreations Nope, it was put right in when I bought the shipping label, and says right on the order that it shipped that day.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm curious about how this happened. When I purchase Etsy labels the tracking number is automatically entered into the order.

Could it be a time zone difference - Etsy seems to use GMT which is 5-6 hours ahead of US ET?

I'd contact Etsy support - it sounds like a glitch somewhere in their systems - maybe the integration with USPS.

1 Like
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes, it was automatically entered. When I went to all the Help things I could find, it said to post it here, and I've seen others get replies thru doing this, so I figured i'd try. Not that important to me, just annoying.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FeltWithAHeart: You are not alone in this situation based on the number of threads about this including  https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Order-showing-in-pre-transit-but-has-delivered/m-p/14...

2 Likes
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I know. Its a problem for lots of people, unfortunately. As I said above, not that important to me but I just wanted to vent a little over how silly it all is!

0 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I had something similar happen when Star Seller first started.

I had an item that I renewed from "Sold Out." Apparently when I renewed, the processing time didn't stick. Someone still bought the item, without a processing time, and I shipped the same day. (In my case, however, it did show on the shipping stats download that the reason was "no processing" not "shipped late".)

I love that they recommend to post here. How are we going to fix this for you?

That's like telling you to go into your room, close the door, and scream into a pillow.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I had that happen too. The csv for it was garbled random characters on that line then said no tracking.  It had tracking right on the order and said delivered. I reached out to etsy a few times but they never replied. It finally just fell off after 3 months. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes it is like a car mechanic telling you to roll your broken car into a garage full of other car owners with wd40 and a roll of duct tape. Might be able to fix loose trim but not replace spark plugs! It is shameful to scrape people off on the forums when you know forums people can't help. I guess they want us to say It is a glitch but Etsy won't fix it?

1 Like

Jump to solution

Because the processing time frame has not kicked in.  The order is still in limbo for about 12 hours until the funds are transferred to your shop payment account.  The day of order does not count.  It seems if you ship the day of the order your processing time frame does not kick in and therefore the tracking is not registered by Etsy software. 

I don't ship the day of an order.  Too risky for this to happen ( and I am not thinking of the SSP.  Etsy requires items to be shipped on time as part of service standards.) 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue with my shipping stats! I am never late with shipping (unless a buyer requests to send at a later date due to vacay). I always ship by the ship date, but mostly always beforehand and sometimes same day. My shipping stats go down when they should be at 100%. Every order, except for hand deliveries, include tracking and notes to buyer that order is on its way with tracking and expected date of delivery. This makes NO sense on etsy's part! I would appreciate this getting resolved as well! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello @FeltWithAHeart,

We've double-checked the order that is affecting your Star Seller and it appears that the listing doesn't have a processing time setup. Our engineering partners are currently aware of an issue where some Orders do not have processing time added. We've added your report to the ongoing investigation so the team can take a deeper look into what's going on. At this time, we do not have a timeframe for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize issues by the impact on our marketplace

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Ok, but I don't know why when I look at that order, in the free shipping profile, it clearly says 

• 1-3 business days processing time

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @TonsOfPaper I am having the same issue with my most recent order. It is listed as late even though I shipped it within the indicated timeframe. Do you have any additional information to offer? Are there any different avenues I can pursue to resolve issue?

0 Likes
GoenneJapan
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Happened to me, too.  Etsy have never fixed this problem.  It's 2023 now and this thread started 2022.   My shipping status is incorrect, even when I ship next day with tracking info.  DHL site showed delivered, buyer left happy feedback on fast shipping, but Etsy showed "pre-transit" and "not ship on time" on record.  

0 Likes
GoenneJapan
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Happened to me, too.  Etsy have never fixed this problem.  It's 2023 now and this thread started 2022.   My shipping status is incorrect, even when I ship next day with tracking info.  DHL site showed delivered, buyer left happy feedback on fast shipping, but Etsy showed "pre-transit" and "not ship on time" on record.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

Etsy strikes again. This is the most technologically inept platform I sell on. Not a week goes by that something is not functioning properly, if at all.

1 Like
TimeToSparkleUK
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hi, dear Etsy

Why our account suddenly had more than 90 late orders? pls explain and help us to resolve it, we think most orders are etsy system issue, thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Maybe you should start your own thread timetosparkleUK, trying to get assistance on an old thread will only result it having it closed down without your questions being answered 

And there are only sellers here, you will have to contact Etsy

0 Likes
TimeToSparkleUK
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

ok, thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

So fyi the same thing happened to me and Etsy never resolved it . Been 3pm this and I’m still trying to recover. Good luck but since Etsy can’t manually award any star seller badges there isn’t anything that can be done but to wade through the mushap

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.