ARCHIVES
Inspiration Seeker

STAR SELLER MESSAGES

Sadly i'm marked down because a seller contacted me through messages to thank me for my order. This was totally unnecessary and have since marked as spam but lost the star seller status.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: STAR SELLER MESSAGES

So sad that someone would think someone else thanking them is "totally unnecessary."

What are we teaching our young?

10 Likes

SSB rules state on your dashboard that you must reply to every single message. Even as a buyer. 

2 Likes

Be careful marking as spam, as you won't get any more messages from them, you could lose a repeat customer, for the sake of a badge that does nothing

Just be polite and reply, and if you are into that sort of thing, you could just reply with a smiley emoji, it takes less than 5 seconds

4 Likes

What happened to a simple you’re welcome after someone says thank you. 

3 Likes

Apparently that's old-fashioned and no longer necessary.

Also - in a lot of cases, sellers think that saying "thank you" or "you're welcome" is SPAMMING.

Go figure!  When common decency goes out the door -what's next?

2 Likes

I did the same.  Once.  Now you know.  Plus, Etsy now has a blue banner on PC/Laptop and a blue dot on the app, for any first-time convo that needs a response.

5 Likes
ARCHIVES
Inspiration Seeker

OUCH! AAHHh, seems some here think me rude and ungrateful.......l had thanked her directly and not through the 'MESSAGES' which was why l did not reply again. Will now another time thanks!

0 Likes

Just to clarify so people don't think they have to respond to every message and it will be a never ending loop: the FIRST message of a NEW thread must be replied to within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such. Those have always been the rules. Etsy is now putting a blue text warning / advisory on those messages they consider to be a "new message".

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.