HomeDecorDezigns
Inspiration Seeker

SHOP HACKED

Jump to solution

On thanksgiving day i recieved a notification that my shoP CREATIVESOULARTZ had made a sale for a hundred and some dollars. Upon checking I found the order is for sneakers, which I do not sell. I only sell digital graphics. There were lisitings for 17 items in total for sneakers. Expensive ones. There is 2FA on my account now WHICH I DID NOT SET UP and my email is out of date. So I cannot access my account CHANGE MY EMAIL AND PASSWORD to stop this. Meanwhile, the thugs are using my bank account information to pay the seller fees for their expensive shoes. I have contacted Etsy, but all I have gotten is emails bounced around like basketballs. You know, the canned response ones. I am posting here as a last resort hoping to get some escalated help. If nothing happens today, I am going to contact my state attorney, the state banking commissioner, AND THE FBI AS WELL AS PROCEEDING WITH CHARGEBACKS WITH MY cc ON THE SELLER FEES. 

Beware Sellers

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SHOP HACKED

Jump to solution

Hello!

I see that you have already gotten in contact with our support team with regard to this issue, so please hold on while your case is reviewed. Moving forward, our team will handle this matter directly with you, we advise you to wait for a response while your case is being investigated.

Also, please avoid starting multiple threads on the same or very similar topic, as this can cause confusion for other members. I've gone ahead and closed the corresponding duplicate threads. 

This thread will now be closed to prevent it from going off-topic. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Jump to solution

Notify your bank about any fraud transactions going on with your bank account. You won't be able to get a hold of etsy till Monday.

Try this: https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_manage_listings-callback

email help link
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_update_account_email-contact_selec...

0 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I belive 2FA is the authentication   when you need two forms to verify.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Trying to follow this:

What is a 2FA?

How can whoever is has hacked your account use your account to pay sellers fees but collect the revenue for the sales of their items listed on your account?

Seems like you could contact your bank and credit card right away to freeze any activity.

And seems like you could contact the email provider regarding this.

And seems you could report shoes ... doesn't sound like they are even legitimate items to sell on Etsy. Seems like you could contact the buyers also since it seems you are getting notifications about sales.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Fingers crossed you can get this resolved as soon as possible. 

You never think it'll happen to you until it does  

It's so important to keep e-mail addresses up to date and to have 2FA registered as an extra step of protection if you can.

I really hope you can get this resolved.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello!

I see that you have already gotten in contact with our support team with regard to this issue, so please hold on while your case is reviewed. Moving forward, our team will handle this matter directly with you, we advise you to wait for a response while your case is being investigated.

Also, please avoid starting multiple threads on the same or very similar topic, as this can cause confusion for other members. I've gone ahead and closed the corresponding duplicate threads. 

This thread will now be closed to prevent it from going off-topic. Thank you!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.