I received an email that Etsy had removed one of more of my listings due to policy violation. No option to reply, debate, discuss, nothing.

If I'm a buyer, I can receive a callback within 60 seconds. (I tested. Twice.) As a seller there is ZERO phone support. I cannot speak to a person about this. I have to submit an email request. I have, and those have been either ignored or are marked closed. I've heard nothing from Etsy. Nothing. Obviously I know buyers are important. I'm an Etsy buyer too. But it feels like sellers and their concerns are ignored.

I've been a seller on Etsy for over 12 years with over 15,000 sales. I have a solid record of 5 star reviews and happy customers. During that time, I've seen the rise of copyright and design theft. This is affecting countless other artists, and anyone who has been a victim would agree that it's infuriating and at times disheartening as an artist. Overseas manufacturers steal our designs and even photos(watermarking helps but is not foolproof) and mass produce them in cheap materials to sell on Temu, etc. I've reported over 100 listings on Temu, and for every one I have removed, another 2 pop up. I hold US Copyright registrations; those mean nothing to China. Hobby Lobby is even selling one of my designs. I'm currently fighting that too.

I would be happy for anyone to visit my studio and watch the process. I don't unpack items out of a box and put them in new boxes. (That's another, separate problem that has become an issue on Etsy.) I make the pendants with my hands, at my worktable. 

Any thoughts? Has anyone else, as a seller, had problems and been unable to get help? If you actually did get help, will you please share the magic formula? And if by some miracle someone at Etsy reads this, will you PLEASE CONTACT ME? 

Re: SEVEN DAYS. Will someone from Etsy support PLEASE contact me? I've been waiting for 7 days.

@IntheWitchwood I am so sorry you are still going through this! 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Re: SEVEN DAYS. Will someone from Etsy support PLEASE contact me? I've been waiting for 7 days.

Still no communication from Etsy at all, or any response to the email request for help that I filed, BUT...

I filed a BBB complaint, explaining the issue and that I couldn't get anyone from Etsy to contact me or respond to my help requests. I also checked on direct flights to NY so that I could visit HQ in person and share/demonstrate my handmade process(not kidding). Etsy did respond to the BBB request after a few days. Still didn't contact me directly, which was my request, but they said (via BBB) that they'd reinstated my listings. My problem was solved, somewhat, but they still didn't contact me, which is what I requested. So I'm not sure whether I should tell BBB that my complaint has been taken care of or not. I do still have questions about the process by which they were removed and the stunning time drag on my initial email request. 

Some may think that my reaction and outrage is WAY overboard. ('That poor lady needs some sleep', lol) Maybe. Probably. But I've poured so much of myself into my shop and my work. And I know many of you out there have, too. The listings aren't even the main point. We should be worth reasonably prompt help from a human who can resolve our problem. Yes, we benefit from the platform, obviously. But we also make a lot of money for Etsy. Many of us are a stellar first impression on a first-time customer, who becomes a returning Etsy customer. What's that worth?

Taken directly from the etsy 'about' page: ‘In a time of increasing automation, it’s our mission to keep human connection at the heart of commerce. That’s why we built a place where creativity lives and thrives because it’s powered by people.’  

Thank you to all for the suggestions, advice, and for reading. THAT'S what human connection looks like, and it's why Etsy succeeded in the first place. I hope we can hang on to it. Blessings to you:)

5 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@SilverWishes  Oh for ----s sake; this is the first time I'm seeing your Thread. And you are spot on; anything Shop related (item takedowns, financials, hacking, etc.), should require a knowledgeable HUMAN 24/7 phone Support. Anything less is unacceptable. And I'm sorry for what you're going through.

1 Like

@SilverWishes I am glad your problem was solved! 

Etsy does not contact sellers affected like this. They don't want to explain most of their removal procedures so they don't tip off people who are actually listing non-handmade items. Which is why, of course, that they should deal with appeals promptly. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.