SALES DOWN (4 MONTHS)

Hello, I have been on Etsy for 3 years, I have more than 1k listings and many of them always appeared on the first pages. For 4 months my sales have gone from making 3k - 4k per month to $150 per month (the last 4 months), since they asked us to register as self-employed everything has changed, I am from Spain and my German account, because on Etsy I appear as if I were German, I have sent several emails and I have been waiting for 2 months for them to respond, they removed the online chat, they do not respond to emails, my store and my data appear as if it were from another country and without sales.

The team should understand that there are many people living from this and that people like me have dedicated thousands of hours, I am aware of the war, inflation, etc... but all these problems have no excuse for them to at least respond to an email.

It doesn't make sense that my sales have fallen by 90%, I would understand 30%, but... 90%, it's totally ridiculous because there are other stores selling the same products as me and they continue to sell, I hope that some moderator or manager will get on contact me and help me since as I said, they don't even respond to emails

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
15 Replies

Re: SALES DOWN (4 MONTHS)

Etsy has literally hit a brick wall with buyers. No one on this site is getting any sales. Iv had 5 sales in 3 months. You have to branch out to other selling platforms and get your items shown to more buyers.

6 Likes

nevermind

0 Likes

can you tell me other sites?, I have no idea where

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Try Shutterstock and other stock image websites.

For your custom design service try Fiverr.

0 Likes
KissKissFlorals
Conversation Maker

Your shop shows that you are from California, so could you explain more about the Spain and Germany connections. Just curious if this has something to do with your sales.

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Your shop says you're in California but your post says your from Spain.

0 Likes
Sofiasbijoux
Conversation Maker

Your location is California, if you are in Spain you can change the location yourself. However I don’t understand how this could be related to the sales.

0 Likes

Aside from fixing a shop that has been deindexed, Etsy support can not tell you why people aren't purchasing your items.

Also, they don't read these forums (support).

1 Like
SporePops
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy is turning into Amazon which is not good. I found unless I'm advertising, I get no sale at all. They take all the profits just like Amazon SMH

2 Likes
LilMissSweetPea
Conversation Maker

@KissKissFlorals  His store shows Spain when I look at his page. Maybe he updated it since posting? Doesn't the country have to be where you are located and your bank info is from?

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

@LilMissSweetPea   This is a zombie thread.

0 Likes
PixelworksAI
Inspiration Seeker

All of this sounds like bad news. I just started a store and I am working diligently to get it stocked and ready for ads.

I certainly hopes things look up for the sellers including myself.

Any insight?

1 Like
SteelSugar
Inspiration Seeker

I want to answer you honestly as I've dedicated THOUSANDS of hours to my shop over the last 3 years. 

I was very frustrated before and now with the marked drop in sales I'm really regretting I picked Etsy.  I've continued to plug on.....hours on SEO, hours on social media, hours taking pics and videos....the list goes on and on!! I kept telling myself it would continue to grow. I had ONE SALE in February and TWO in March. So, a profit of $59 compared to the $105 I spent on ads.  When I don't use ads I will get ZERO sales. 

Last year, HALF of my profits were completely eaten up by ads. Why are we paying this platform to list our items at a charge, then another cut when sold, if we have to pay a FORTUNE in ads is beyond me! 

Before you finish setting up, you have got to consider the budget you will need for advertising, you will HAVE TO use it to even be visible.   I tried $1 a day, $3 a day, $5 a day - I have to spend at AT LEAST $150 a month in ads to get sales.  I sell jewelry so the average price is $25 - so my first 6 sales every month go to ads. 

I've noticed there are shops that have to be spending $100's a day as they are always on the first page.  I've noticed there are quite a few shops reselling items I know come from NiaHoe jewelry because I order boxes from them - they are based in HK.  It's obvious the money they spend on ads is astronomical.

So, now with this drop, my shop is becoming unsustainable.  I'm looking at other platforms.  I know this isn't at all what you wanted to hear, but I want you to know the unvarnished truth before you dedicate your life to your store. 

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

This thread is almost 2 years old.

1 Like
BengalLooms
Inspiration Seeker

The AI algorithms for showing to consumers seems royally messed up since last few months and the Etsy management either clueless or deliberately not taking remediation action. 

wont be surprised if people actually start getting off this platform if things continue like this unaddressed despite everyone reporting the issue. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.