ShopANDesignCo
Inspiration Seeker

Review Question

Hello, 

I am a new Etsy Seller and I recently got a few sales. After a week or so I noticed no one left a review (which I thought was kinda strange- idk maybe it isn't but I'm trusting my gut). One of the sales I had was an old friend so I contacted her to find out if it allowed her to leave a review and she stated it does not. She tried leaving a review by clicking through her email, then she tried going through her actual orders on her Etsy profile, and neither way would allow her to (but it allows her to write a review for another seller she ordered from the month prior)

Has this happened to anyone else? 

I'm concerned that as a new seller it will eventually hurt me 

Thank you in advanced 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Review Question

Some others were posting similar issues.  If your friend is using the mobile app (which I've never used), have her try using the browser on her mobile.  Or leave her Review on a computer.  To do that go to Avatar at top Right of Etsy > Purchases & Reviews.
Make sure it's  not too early to leave a Review as well (Etsy has been sending out Review Reminders).  They take into consideration the processing time + shipping time.  Maybe it's just too early at this point.

Hope this is helpful and Welcome to Etsy!

2 Likes

Etsy won't let you leave a review until it's past the estimated arrival date. I set my delivery dates longer than needed just to be sure I am covered if something comes up that causes me to ship a bit slower, but I usually ship within 1 or 2 days of receiving my orders. So often my customers have received their order a week or more before the delivery date estimated. So it still won't let them leave a review until it is past whatever delivery date I set.

It is normal for only about 25% of your customers to leave a review. Etsy will send them several reminders, so you shouldn't bug them about it or many will be annoyed and leave a lower review for spite.

3 Likes

Guest buyers cannot leave reviews unless they create an account and connect their purchases to it. For Etsy members, the review window opens at a specific time, based on projected delivery date or actual delivery, depending on how you ship. There are article in Help Center that explain how reviews work, both for buyers and sellers.

0 Likes

All the above and also bear in mind that only about 20%-30% of buyers on Etsy ever leave a review so don't stress out if people don't. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.