Review Dot stuck on.

I had the review dot come up on friday, left the review, and the Dot is still sitting there with no reviews to do, click on the leave a review and the box comes up empty, cleared all my cache twice and it still will not go away.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Review Dot stuck on.

Can't you just tune it out? Mine says 94 (!) and it doesn't bother me at all. I can't be bothered. I mean, I do leave reviews but I don't feel any obligation to review everything. Especially since many of my orders have multiple items. I will review one, but not all.... if I want to! 

2 Likes

not really when its a technical issue, it needs to be sorted out, it should not still be there then i have no reviews to be left.

3 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

I agree that it needs sorting! Ignoring it isn’t a viable answer.

I had an order with another Etsy seller that she was unable to fill and so cancelled. I didn’t leave a Review because I empathised with her situation but now I am stuck with a ‘6 reviews’ orange number that’s been there for over a month. I click on it and it’s a blank panel.

Etsy needs to get this fixed - if the daft non-functionality of it is annoying me, I can imagine how much it irritates our Buyers!

4 Likes

I do wonder, if there is a glitch in all the techie stuff we can't see that is causing the dot to remain, does that glitch lead somewhere? Does it cause other glitches to other related or totally unrelated functions? 

If the site wasn't so riddled with various other minor glitches, it might be easier to ignore in the sense that you know it's no big deal. But repeated, sometimes ignored, little things eventually can lead to a major problem. 

3 Likes

@JMOldeVintage  it appears the little Dot does not want to leave me lol ! and i agree if there is one little thing wrong  it always leads to lots of other little things, i see Customers are also finding it hard to leave reviews now as well, going on a post earlier, so what ever they have done has messed the whole review thing up.

1 Like

ok so just clicked on the silly Red Dot and the box came up, but now finally it does something new, its now saying "sorry we could not load your recent purchases " well thats cos there arent any Etsy!!  lol

0 Likes
ClosetGothic
Community Curator

@daisysjewellerygifts  Yes, I’m getting that too. Crazy.

1 Like

@ClosetGothic  i just wish Etsys technical department could sort these little issues out properly, there just seems issues with the site all the time, if they cant sort things out like that how are they going to sort out major issues such as shops being hacked.

1 Like

so just a quick update, i bought something after my last review was left, since the little dot has befriended me, so clicked on it, still saying sorry cant find your purchases, so then clicked on the link "purchases and reviews" that comes up under the message, and its taking me to my purchases, and i have one there now which says you can review this purchase on the 26th, and guess what, i cant leave a review for that item  as the window has not opened still yet, this is so messed up, and it looks like its not going to get sorted anytime soon!!

0 Likes

Why is nothing ever being fixed now, im still stuck with the Dot, i cant cant leave a review from a new purchase that I was supposed to be able to review on the 26th June and now there is even more Glitches with the website, such as messaging problems, renew, deactivate issues and the list goes on and on, what is going on with Etsy in the last few weeks, its just so frustrating, is it the fact that any technical issues are not being passed on or is it that the tech department do not know how to fix any problems anymore!!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.