EarthBoundGoods
Inspiration Seeker

Response rate for Star Seller badge skewed by spam and purchases I made

Hi - I see that I only have a 33% response rate to messages, which is hampering my ability to be a start seller, however when I look at the messages that I took over 24 hours to respond to 3 were from sellers who I bought mock ups from who were just thanking me for my purchase and 1 was from someone wanting me to have them audit my page for $$ (I must've neglected to mark them as spam at the time). Is there anyway for these to be fixed on Etsy's end? Or? What can I do on my end to correct them in any way? 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Response rate for Star Seller badge skewed by spam and purchases I made

You can try, but the representative is likely going to say they are unable to edit the report.

0 Likes

You simply have to follow the guidelines to achieve SS status

Reply to the first message within 24 hours
Just the first message in the thread counts, not the ongoing convo.

Messages that you mark as spam don’t count.

Set up an auto-reply when you’re unavailable. It counts as a reply.

Ship on time, with tracking
Every order should include tracking.

Shipping on time with a label from Etsy always counts towards Star Seller, and there are cheap options for First Class Flat envelopes.

If you combine orders, add the same tracking info to both.

2 Likes
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Spam messages should be marked as spam, then they won't affect your SS rating.  As for purchasing messages, you need to respond to them or spam them.  The automated system will not recognise the origin or purpose of messages, it will just see an unanswered message.  You have a couple of choices, you can setup an autoreply (you need to reset it every 5 days but it counts as a response), or you can keep your buying separate from your selling by opening a new buyer only account and only using that when you shop.  Don't forget to add each shop to the other one's profile for transparency.  

0 Likes

@EarthBoundGoods: Unfortunately the Star Seller metric for messages is very simplistic and binary - either you replied to (or marked as SPAM) that first message of a new incoming thread within 24 hours or you did not. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.