BMBanners
Inspiration Seeker

Removing 2FA from account

Can somebody help me? I haven't been able to log into my account since upgrading my phone - the authenticator login details didn't transfer over and I don't have access to the phone any more. I've tried my backup codes but keep getting the error to say they don't work.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Re: Removing 2FA from account

Hi If you have lost access to your two-factor authentication (2FA) code generator, please get in touch with the Etsy support team for assistance.

0 Likes
BMBanners
Inspiration Seeker

How do I reach them? Thanks for the reply

0 Likes

@BMBanners: "How do I reach them?" You can try https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling or you can open a support ticket through Dashboard > Community & Help > Contact Us

0 Likes

Hopefully you managed to get in as it was a few days ago. However, in case you are still trying to get help from Etsy, when you set up 2fa you will have been given some backup codes to print or download that hopefully you did. If so you should be able to use one of those to get in and turn 2fa off while you sort out the replacement. These codes are single use only, but you get about 10 of them in the file.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.